Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 230

Happy Pioneer Day! Wish I had the day off like so many of my friends, but alas... I had to go to work. They did however provide pie and root beer (pie and beer day) yeah... I had never heard of it, but I will take free yummy pie. My boss also let me go home an hour early, so that was nice.

I also had a much needed massage today. You wouldn't think having a desk job would mess up your body so much... especially when you spend many of your lunch breaks working out. It really does though. I went to a new massage therapist this time and she was great and really worked out a lot of spots in my back that are messed up because of my crappy chair at work and the way I sit. She told me I need to get a new chair. Once she mentioned that I was like... yeah... I DO have a really crappy chair at work that I have been sitting in for years. I need a new one! So I think tomorrow I will try and find an empty office with a nicer chair with better support to exchange my crappy one for. I also need to stretch more. I'm so glad I decided to get a massage every month. My body really needs it.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday! Happy Birthday Jamie! Miss you already! I forgot to post this picture of us while she was in town. Love my family.


On Monday I hung out with my BFF Neighbor. We used to see a lot more of each other. I don't know why we don't hang out as much anymore... but he invited me over for dinner at his house on Monday because he was cooking for dinner group. So I went. We had a nice chat while I helped him clean up. We also watched the most beautiful sunset. I was going to post it for my photo of the week! Dang... next week. The sky was smokey from fires from other states and when that happens, it makes the sun the most beautiful colors. I took pictures with my nice camera because the camera on your phone can not capture color in the same way.

I am trying to hang out with more people lately because I am tired of being by myself all the time. I try to invite someone to do something with me... or I invite myself along with other people. Is that pathetic? I hope not. I guess I am just trying to be proactive instead of just sitting around wishing I had more friends. So that is why I asked Anthon to take me fishing... and why I invited myself along with Becca and her friends to the lake last weekend. I enjoy being in the company of others... but sometimes I wish I loved a lone time... I mean a lot of alone time, but I don't. It just makes me depressed and feel REALLY lonely.

I am working on my Peru digital book. I know I probably should have done the Southeast Asia one first, but this one is more fresh. I am about half way done with it and then I will go back and make the Southeast Asia one. Hopefully I will have them both done by the time I go on my next  trip so that I'm not behind. I think I can do it. If I work on it a little bit everyday... totally doable.

Speaking of Peru, I wore my shirt that I bought in Peru for the first time on Friday.. I think it is awesome. I saw a guy at the food truck roundup last week that was wearing the same one in White and it had something else instead of a llama. I got the llama one on purpose. Anyway.. kind of love it.


I have had several people tell me that I need to watch Dexter. So... I started watching it. I finished the first season and I'm still not really sure what I think about it.

I had my interview with the LDS Matchmaker team... to see if I will be chosen as one of the two based on the interview and not based on the Facebook popularity contest... because I already know I lost that. Big time. Kind of makes me feel not very cool... but oh well.

We were supposed to get google fiber last weekend. We never got an email... so I called them. They are like... oh we are not going to give it to you until November... for no reason. SORRY!!! Ugh. I see them set up around the neighborhood all the time. Just come set us up!


There is a new guy in my ward. Kind of cute... super nice, but I think he is kind of socially awkward? Or maybe he is just super shy. I can't figure him out. He finds me at church and we end up sitting together. He will text me during the week, but then when I text him he doesn't text back... or he texts but never invites me to hang out or do anything. I don't get it. I'm wondering if I should just forget it or if I just need to initiate... which goes against "The Rules" and what I normally do.

My tomato plants are starting to get some tomatoes. Almost ready to pick... some of them anyway. Woohoo!


I guess that is all for me this week. I can't believe that July is pretty much over. Oh... except to finish my Pioneer day. I went  over to my parents house for a little BBQ before I went to my massage. Then I went back to meet up with them and watch the Pioneer Fireworks at a park in Mapleton. Best firework show in Utah if you ask me. We sat right under where they shoot them off. It was pretty cool actually. Best part.... right when you thought you saw the grand finale... a minute goes by and there was another finale. Everyone cheered so loud. It was awesome. I wish pictures of fireworks were as awesome as they are in person.


3 comments:

THE LIZARD'S said...

Wow! Lots of stiff going on with you Tracy! Tomatos and new guy and family matching and making new friends and new top! I lobe hour new top with the llama!!! Awesome!

THE LIZARD'S said...

PS. Sorry about and the bad spelling and Google fiber. I know how much you were looking forward to it!

jamie hixon said...

That firework looks rad.

Oh, and I like your camera or whatever filters you used because I look awesome in that picture! Ha. So do you, but that is normal for you.

Lucky you, I've never grown anything successfully. Your tomatoes look good!

And about The Mormon Bachelorette... I thought you were one of the more popular ones, actually. There were like three girls that had more votes than you the last time I looked. Don't worry about it. Everything happens for a reason? Maybe not everything, but you know what I mean.