Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 231

I finished my Peru book! Woot woot! I'm happy with it. Well... hopefully I will be just as happy with it when it comes in the mail. Sometimes you see something online and you think it looks great... like a shirt I got online, and then you get it and it's not as great as it looked online. Yeah... that happened. I think this is different though. I'm sure I will love it even more when I get the copy in the mail. Now to work on my Southeast Asia book to finish by the end of this month. I think I can do it. A little out of order... I know. I guess I am always most excited for the trip that was most recent. Just got busy with the holidays when I got back from Southeast Asia. It will get done though. I'm determined.



Today was the last day to vote for Mormon Bachelorette. I really couldn't look anymore. It just makes me feel bad about myself. I know I shouldn't care. I think I had a great Skype interview... but I have no idea what they are looking for. And obviously I'm not popular enough. Oh well. It was worth a shot. I have also been feeling uncool with my instagram's lately. Not very many people are liking them. Not cool enough? I don't even post every day like some other people. Again... I shouldn't care. But I do... this is what being involved in social media does to you! ha ha



My sister Jamie posted this thing on Facebook about what your super hero name is. I took the test. Apparently this is my superhero name...



I have been trying to be better about going to the gym and running. I hate it, but I do it. It is a nice break from work... but I really need to count calories more than anything... which I also hate doing. I wish I was one of those people that didn't have to worry about every little thing I put in my body and if I worked out or not and that I would just look the same. That would be nice. But alas... that is not my fate. I never want to go to the gym, of course after I am always glad that I did, but I have to tell myself that it is a break from work.



Speaking of work... I am now being micromanaged. They are keeping track of my every minute that I am in my office... even if I am just staring at my screen watching Netflix because there is nothing to do (like today). I'm going to vent for a second,  because I can... it's my blog. I HATE being micromanaged. It makes me feel like I am a child that they don't trust. I know it shouldn't, but when people are watching my every move at work, it makes me not want to work as hard for them. I have been working there for 5 years. I am not doing anything different now than I have been the last 5 years. Yes, I come in late most days... but everyone gets to work sometime before 9. I do the same. If there are days that are really busy... then I stay after and get everything done before I go home. I honestly don't see the difference between me getting there at 8:45 and other people getting there at 8:15 and then spending 20 minutes down at the cafe getting breakfast. I'm just doing my breakfast at home instead of the cafe. I have made positive changes to the way we do things, I work hard, have very few errors, have the fasted turn around time and I rarely complain about things going on at work... I keep to myself. Many times I don't even take a lunch and work through it (which I always figured made up for me being late)... I guess not. It all needs to balance out... but me going overtime doesn't matter... I just can't go under my time even if it is by an hour for the week. Even if there is nothing to do and I just sit and watch the time to hit the exact minute that I came into work that morning. Yep... I have a real grown up job. I'm done venting. I know I have it good at my job... guess just wanted to remind everyone that it isn't perfect. No job is I guess.



I have spent some time with some guys this week. None of which I met online surprisingly. Saturday night I spent with my neighbor, Adam. Not my BFF Neighbor... I wrote on my Instagram that I was at a concert with my BFF neighbor, Darrell... and then Geoff and Anthon were all offended that they were not my BFF Neighbors. Doesn't mean I don't having them all as neighbors. Same with Adam. We had a great time chatting and watching a REALLY dumb movie. Adam is the one that lives next door... but I never really spent time and got to know him until we were in Thailand. Funny huh? Well. We finally hung out again. Tonight I went on a date with a friend. Met through a mutual friend a couple of years ago. Haven't really seen him since until the Lake outing a couple weekends ago. All of the sudden he wants to take me on a date. Which is fine. Nice guy. We went out for sushi, which I always love. Sometimes I just wish that I meshed better with some guys. I don't really mesh with this guy... but I think he thinks we do. Friday night I hung out with the new guy in my ward. I'm still trying to figure him out and what he is thinking. We had a great time... but is he just trying to make new friends? Or is he interested? I still can't tell. Guess we will see what moves he makes in the next week.



Had some traumatic experiences with the fish tank. I spent some time at the fish store after and told them everything that happened and I picked up some new fish and new snails and crabs and we will see what my fish do next. I think my fish store friends think I'm hilarious though. I doubt they have many people like me that come in stressed about their tank and tell them stories of all the things that go wrong. Their daughter loves me though. She is always giving me hugs and when I went in this time she had 3 adorable puppies that she gave me to hold. So cute.



I am in season 5 of Dexter. I honestly can't believe I am still watching. I'm sucked into the story... but it is all pretty twisted.



Friday night I went with my mom up to Salt Lake to go to a baby shower for Jessica Tate and Rachel Van Wickle. Jessica and James adopted a handsome baby boy and Rachel is pregnant. I hadn't seen any of the Tates in a long time, so it was so fun to see them and their parents. They really are like family. I great up with them. My mom and Janice are good friends. We all had a blast visiting for a few hours. I love seeing my Santa Barbara family... no matter where we are, it feels like home.




3 comments:

William said...

That's neat that James adopted. And is Rachel on her first pregnancy? Good for the Tates.
You are funny with social media and popularity, I think you have more friends than I could ever count! I just haven't explored the world of social media really... and I think I'm fine without it.
Looking forward to hearing about your next adventure :)

Kristy said...

I'm glad you finished your Peru book and I can't wait to read it. I agree with Lori. Social Media is really not worth your thoughts. Real friendships are so much more important (which you have lots of.) I'm glad you got to spend time with the Tates. That sounds really fun!

jamie hixon said...

There is something about Santa Barbara people, isn't there? I'm still friends with everyone from my first years in the Mesa Vista Ward. We are spread all over the place, but we still like each other.

I also hate being micro-managed. I feel like more bosses should think "If the work gets done and gets done well, than who cares."

Inferno? I like it.