Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tibble Fork Fishing


Tonight I went up to Tibble Fork after work with my neighbor and friend Anthon. He goes fishing a lot, so I asked him if I could come along. I enjoy being outdoors and I enjoy hanging out with my friends. Why not. I want to take full advantage of summer while it lasts and I don't feel like I have been doing a good job of it so far. One of the beauties of summer is that it stays light outside for so long... why not go on little outings after work?

Tibble Fork is up American Fork Canyon, close to Silver Lake. As you can see, it is beautiful up there. Utah is a beautiful place. Maybe one of these days I will start taking my nice camera to get better pictures. Until then... camera phone pictures will have to do.


Anthon and I had a great time chatting while enjoying the beautiful scenery and relaxing. I really wanted to catch a big fish and take a picture and send it to my cousin Travis and make him proud and that I am holding up as a member of the bass slayers club... but no such luck. I didn't catch anything. The fish were jumping and dancing around my bait... but no takers. Anthon caught a couple of small ones. Nothing worth keeping to eat.



We still had a great time though.... and that's what it's all about right? I need to do this more often. Maybe if I just keep inviting myself to hang out with people... maybe soon they will start inviting me to things on their own. :)


2 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like a fun evening. It is so beautiful all around you! I'm jealous that you have so much water around... we are crispy brown all over with a dry river :( Hopefully you catch one next time!

jamie hixon said...

I've never been fishing before. I think I would want to go just to hang out. It looks beautiful.