Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 260

I have been feeling SUPER crappy this week. I hate being sick... I feel so gross. Seriously the only thing I have been trying to do is get extra sleep. NyQuil has been my friend this week. I can breathe... I can be thankful for that.

My friend Nathaniel interviewed me again tonight. The first time he interviewed me he was doing a project on the Bachelor. This time he is doing a project for Mazda... so he was interviewing me on my thoughts and feelings of why I like my new Mazda... which I do. So I had lots to say about it. The interview took over an hour and I felt like it went really well. I had a lot of good things to say about it. I had to find 5-7 pictures about how I feel about my Mazda... surprisingly that wasn't hard for me to do.

This last weekend was a fun friend weekend. I hung out after the Talent show and on Saturday night with Lindsay, Becky, Tom, Stacey (from Studio C) and Ian and Allison (just Friday night) and it was so much fun. I finally feel like I have a group of friends again. I know I have always had a lot of friends... but not a group of friends that actually thought of me and invited me to stuff. It's nice... to feel like I have a group of friends.

Speaking of friends, my friend Jed teaches Institute, which he does an excellent job at, and he was teaching on talents and asking me if I would share my talent of photography. It is always a compliment to be recognized for your talents. It made me reflect on how far I have come with my photography skills over the last 5 years. It's pretty cool, and I'm glad it is a skill I have learned and gotten better at because it will come in handy a lot in my life and lives I come in contact with. It is also a talent that I have really come to enjoy and take pride in... especially in my travels. Even though I know I'm not the best, I am satisfied with my work most of the time. Which is good enough for me.

No dates this week. Not that I wasn't asked. I was. I guess it's true, when it rains it pours. I was supposed to go on a second date this week and some guys wanting to still go out with me, but I have been feeling crappy so I have been staying at home. I guess there is a guy that wants to go out with me that knows one of the guys that was on the yurt trip. He saw the yurt trip pictures and asked him about me and wants to take me out. Weird... since I don't think I look great in those pictures... but whatever. I just want ONE of these dates to turn into something. THAT would be nice. Going out on a bunch of first dates it's really all that fun. Going out on dates is better than no dates though.

I had a dentist appointment this morning. Already that time again. Seems like 6 months passes so quickly. It's funny because I go in there and the dental hygienist asks me what I do to keep my teeth healthy. I'm honest. I say I brush once a day before I go to bed. Some people would think that is gross. I have always thought it was fine. She then asks me how often I floss. I say it goes through phases... I don't floss as often as I should... that is for sure. I actually don't know how often I floss. I really should work on it being more. I feel like I'm terrible while I am confessing this to her. Then the dentist comes in and looks at my teeth. He pokes around a bit and he says "Your teeth look great. Whatever you are doing, keep it up!" Ok then.... will do! ha ha. That about sums up my trip to the dentist every 6 months. That and talking about my molar that never surfaced the gums... we talk about that every time like it's new information when it has been that way my entire life and I have been going to the same dentist for 5 years.

My dad went with me to Young Chevrolet to figure out all the issues that I had with them. I didn't get all of the money back that they screwed me over, but I did get over half. So that is good. Thank goodness my dad is awesome. So thankful he was willing to drive up there on Saturday. He is good to me. Always has my back and willing to help me out. Both my parents are. I'm really thankful for that. It's nice to know that someone always has your back, especially family. Hopefully the saga with my car is over. Now I just need to worry about paying it off. Hopefully it will be that much faster now that some of that money is taken off.

So I haven't gotten into another show since I finished Parenthood. I have been watching random movies and staying on top of shows that are still running and such. Well... I did find this show on Netflix called "The Travel Bug" which I was drawn to... because well... that is basically me. It didn't take me long to watch it because it only has two seasons on Netflix and the first season only has like 6 episodes. I was most interested in episode 5 in Season 1 because my next trip is going to be there... but they were all interesting. By the end... I got ideas of where I wanted to travel and what I wanted to do. I also may have developed a crush on Morgan, the host of the show. He's young and cute and single and loves to travel... AND that adorable accent doesn't hurt either. I maybe started following him on Instagram ... which his Instagram is private and he doesn't have that many followers, and he accepted me. SO.... yeah. ha ha. I maybe also wrote him. Pathetic I know. The teenage girl came out of me. I guess I have a thing for fun and adventurous guys. Guess what though? He wrote me back and started small talk. Maybe he will be my new pen pal crush. Anyway... time to choose another show. That one was unexpected... it just showed up in my recommendations on my Netflix.

So I guess that is all for me this week. I am hoping this next week will be better ... like not being sick anymore. I guess I have gotten used to my office and being on the 8th floor, so there is that. We are coming up on Quarter End, so it will get busy soon. Not a bad thing. Busy is good... as long as I have energy and am not sick... this week I have had ZERO energy. Anyway... that is all I got. Later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you wrote to the host guy!! Get it girl.

jamie hixon said...

Ok, now I'm reading the story. I knew I would get there. :) I think it is awesome that you guys are writing back and forth. Sorry you were sick... we were sick for a whole month and it is STILL taking me forever to get caught up with life.