Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 306

Another week closer to Winter being over. Is it sad that I am thinking that way? The snow is beautiful, but I hate being cold all of the time and not wanting to do anything. I have tried to get outside on the weekends though, I plan to this weekend as well. I try... and I know that there is still another 2 months until Winter is officially over. Don't worry, I have already planned a couple of trips to help me make it through. :)

I have been consistent with going o the gym ever since I talked to the girl in charge at the gym and told her I needed to be accountable to her. It worked. However, I still need to work on my diet. I don't know why it is so hard... but it is. When my cousin Lisa has her baby, we will diet together and I will probably be more successful at it because she will text me everyday to make sure I'm not cheating. I'm a work in progress... but at least I am going to the gym everyday. That is a start right?

Sunday I had ward counsel. I am the communications co-chair and one of the things we are in charge of is the programs. I think the programs are such a waste of paper. Everyone throws them away or most of them get left in the chapel. I have asked a ton of people if they really care about the program and the majority of the people don't. I brought up in ward counsel to get rid of them. Apparently everyone that does care about the program are all in ward counsel because I got shot down so hard. People weren't even willing to listen to what I had to say which actually really irritated me. One guy stuck up for me (which I appreciated) and then I later found out a couple other people agreed with me but just didn't speak up because everyone else was being so vocal about keeping the programs. The thing that irritated me the most were the reasons people were giving of why we need to keep the program. Here were some of the reasons... "I like to write notes on it", "I like to see who is speaking and what the hymns are" (they announce who is speaking and they are sitting up on the stand and the hymns are on the board up on the stand) "I don't want to have to look at announcements in my email or Facebook during church" ok great... look at them before or after church... they aren't going anywhere, they are available for you to look at anytime. Of course I wasn't going to win this fight when one of the bishopric members still orders the paper to read instead of reading news online. People are strongly attached to a piece of paper because they have always had it. There was a time where there was a need for it, I don't think we do anymore... I just don't know why other people don't see that.

Still waiting for my new drivers license to come in the mail. My wallet seems naked without it. Seriously. Just feels wrong. Also... I really need new tires. I need to get on that soon. Like before the next snow storm. I just wish tires were so darn expensive.

Speaking of my car, I decided to pay a monthly fee at Wiggy Wash to get unlimited car washes. The car wash there is the best and you only have to go twice in a month for it to pay for itself and you could go get your car washed everyday if you want. During the snowy months... this is totally worth it. They put so much crap on the roads to help keep the roads from being icy. It does a number to your car. So I will be getting my car washed lots this winter.

On Monday I went to FHE for the first time in probably over a year. I was reminded why I don't go to FHE and probably won't go back again for a while. Is that bad to say? I don't care. I'm not getting anything out of it, so I don't feel the need to go. That doesn't mean I won't have FHE when I have my own family.

Tuesday I went to SLC to do my monthly trade with Ali. Love getting my eyelashes filled... I can tell a big difference. Then I give her a massage and wish that I had someone to trade massages with too because I miss getting massages. I stopped paying for those when I took on a car payment. Sad... but it was the right thing to do. I just need to find other massage therapists. I feel like that shouldn't be a hard thing to find, but it IS! After the trade I went and visited this guy that lives in Salt Lake. We met 2 1/2 years ago and never saw each other since even though we have been in touch on and off over that time. Anyway, we had a great time... I wish he lived closer and that he didn't drop off the face of the planet until he felt like talking again. He is so random, I never know when I am going to hear from him. I have a few of those guys in my life and its annoying. It would be so great if they were consistent. Oh well... not what I need in my life... they will never turn into relationships so they will remain friends that I hear from sometimes.

Wednesday I went to hang out at my Grandma's house. My Aunt Brenda is in town and so I brought her dinner because I know she has been busy taking good care of my Grandma. When I went over there my dad was there too. I love my one on one time with my Grandma, but it was really fun to hang out with my Dad and Aunt and Grandma. They love to tease each other and laugh and it was fun to be around everyone in good spirits during a difficult time. I know I say it a lot, but I don't think I could ever say it enough. I love my family. I do. It was an evening well spent.

I finished watching Felicity. I was kind of sad when it was over. I always am when I binge watch a show that I really like. You get attached to the characters. At first I thought the ending was kind of weird, but the more I think about it, I liked it. Thankfully my roommate is watching it too and she is super far behind... so sometimes I watch it with her so I can still watch it, but it isn't quite the same as watching it for the first time not knowing what is going to happen. Oh well. After I was done with that show, I watched Season 4 of New Girl since they finally put that on Netflix. That show is hilarious and has me laughing out loud at work sometimes. Love it. Now I am trying to figure out what to watch next. Such a struggle sometimes.

Friday night I stayed home with MacKenzie. We decided to watch a movie on Netflix. In the past, this is a recipe for disaster for us. We pick the worst movies together. This time however, I picked the movie and it actually had pretty high ratings and we both ended up loving the movie. It was called "The Journey Within" I think. About a guy with turrets that goes on a road trip with a couple other patients from the facility, one with OCD and the other was anorexic. It was pretty funny and touching.

Saturday night I went to the movies with my friend Amber. She asked me if I wanted to see The Revenant. I had never seen a preview for it so I had no idea what it was about or who was in it or anything. I asked her, she didn't know... all she knew is that her friend loved it. I said good enough for me and we went to see it. It is interesting going into a movie knowing NOTHING about it. I didn't even know that Leonardo DiCaprio was the star. Anyway... it was long. It was gory. It was based on a true story, which I also found out after the movie. Amber thought it was weird, and I liked it. The cinematography was GORGEOUS and Leo did an AMAZING job acting. In fact, the more I thought about the movie, the more I loved it. Of course I don't love gore... but I always close my eyes or turn my head. I can't watch it, never could. The movie felt so real though, you are invested. You feel everything that happens. It's good. Great movie. It's rated R... so if you don't watch R movies, don't see it.... but if you do, I recommend it. What an amazing survival story. If Leo doesn't win awards for this movie... I will be mad. It's his best acting since What's Eating Gilbert Grape I think. I read and watched a lot about the movie after seeing it which made me appreciate it even more. Like the entire movie was shot in natural light. It paid off. SO beautiful. Ok... I'm done.

Sad week of celebrity deaths! All this last week we have Celine Dion's husband, David Bowie aka The Goblin King & Allan Rickman! It is crazy. Both David Bowie and Allan Rickman I had no idea were battling cancer! Both were 69 which seems way too young to go. They both were such talented Brits that contributed a lot to pop culture. They will live on in their music and movies. RIP.


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

I was more sad about Alan Rickman than David Bowie. That was a crazy week.

I had eyelash extensions for quite a few months, but then they started getting itchy and bugging me so I just got them off last week. I feel like an albino alien man now. Maybe I will get them put back on when my eyelids feel better. Also, I need to go to massage school so I can trade massages with someone. My body is dying from Pilates yesterday.