Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year's Day With Lolly

I spent the first day of the new year right. I went to see my best friend.

A couple of days ago, Lolly and I were texting each other and catch up. She mentioned that she was going to be in Cedar City with her family to look for a vacation home. I hadn't seen Lolly in over a year (which is a long time for us) and I had not met her new baby Charley yet! So I told her, if she was going to be there, I would drive to go see her, even if it was just for a few hours.

We both left yesterday early afternoon. It is about half way in the middle of both of us, a little longer for me. I got there just as the sun was going down and we all went out to dinner. Brian was so sweet to pay for me even though I told him that he didn't have to. After dinner we just went and hung out at their hotel room, because what else were we going to do?

We chatted. I got to hold Charley for a little bit. What a BEAUTIFUL baby girl with the longest most pretty eyelashes I have ever seen on a baby. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was holding Ava as a baby and now she has turned into a little teenager. Crazy how fast time goes. It was such a short visit, but it was worth the drive to spend some time with my best friend and finally meet the baby that is a couple of months now. I spent as much time in the car as I did with her. Worth it.

We didn't really do anything, so I wasn't really in picture taking mode... so sadly I didn't get any pictures of me holding baby Charley. Here is a pic of all of Lolly's kids though. They are an adorable bunch.


On my way out, Lolly and I realized we hadn't taken any pics, so we took a bunch in the lobby in TERRIBLE lighting before I went. We took so many pictures trying to get a good one and hated them all... but we both document... so here are the pictures from our short visit. Love my BFF Lolly. Hopefully it isn't too long before I go visit her.




1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

You guys are so great. I don't think I would drive that far to meet my favorite celebrity. ;) I'm glad you had a good time together.