Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 334

There isn't too much to write about since I blogged about the entire Havasupai experience which took up much of the week. It was a really great trip. The group worked well together (besides Becky and Matt who did their own thing) and everyone had a great time. The end with the helicopter drama made for a little bit of a rough ending for some, and of course we were all pretty tired on the long drive home, but we got home safe and sound and had a great trip and that's what it important. I'm really glad that I was able to put it together and everyone came. Great trip.

Although I didn't get home and showered and ready for bed until 3am (which happens to be when we woke up to hike to the village to get in line for the helicopter the day before) ... I still had to get up early for work on Tuesday. It was hard, but that is how I typically handle coming back from my trips because I don't want to take extra days off to recover from my trips. As nice as that would be... my days off are precious and I would rather use them on travel than recovering from travel. So I just deal with being tired. Plus... it is quarter end and I don't think they would have been thrilled about me taking any more time off than I already did. So into work I went and then after work it was back to working out with Josh. My feet are still recovering and my leg is a little sore. I think a strained something in my leg... I was limping on it towards the end of the trip. So I'm glad I missed leg day. I was able to get right back into working out without too much trouble. When I reported to Josh how easy that 10 mile hike with my backpack was, he was proud of me. The personal training is paying off!


Turns out my 12 weeks with Josh are up. Sad. What I thought was going to be the longest 3 months of my life actually passed by quite quickly. I'm obviously not where I wanted to be. Stopped making progress (losing weight) because I got comfortable eating sweets when I was making such great progress in the beginning. SOOOOO.... I am signing up for another 12 weeks. I need to take the next 12 weeks more seriously with my diet. Not that I wasn't before, but more strict than last time. I think I can do it. Since my time is up, I am going to take the rest of this week off. With quarter end there is no point in trying this week. Sad to say that, but it's true. I would start up next week, but Josh is going to be out of town... so looks like I will start back up on the 8th. Hopefully I don't lose too much progress in almost 2 weeks off! I'm excited for another round.

Other than that... I already blogged about my patio dinner with my friends... which was great, as usual... and I have just been at work doing quarter end and recovering from my trip.. unpacking, doing laundry, going through pictures. I need to work on putting the video together now. So much work I don't want to do. ha ha. But I will eventually because I like having it. Anyway, that is all for me this week.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Aye- that is brutal! You need some band-aids. I've been functioning on very little sleep this week, so I feel you there.