Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, July 15, 2016

Work Luau

This is the first time that my work has had a luau. Well, maybe there have been others, but this is the first one that I have been invited to. Not the entire company was invited. I'm not sure who was invited, but whoever threw the party is friends with my manager... so our department was invited.



They gave me two tickets... in hopes that I would find a date. I mean... I could have brought a date, but I didn't want to bring a first or second date to a work party. My co-workers would ask questions and it would be awkward and I didn't even want to see any of my co-workers. So I brought my friend Kyle. He is always down for hanging out with I love and he is chill. So I brought him. I expected to just eat and leave. We were actually getting there as most of my co-workers were leaving (not sad) because I worked out with my personal trainer before. Anyway... Kyle and I ended up having a lot of fun and stayed until the end.

The food was great. It would be a pretty disappointing luau if the food wasn't great. They even had fresh coconut that you could cut and drink out of if you wanted. It always looks so good, but I don't like coconut, so I didn't go for it.



They also had a bar. Kyle and I both got Virgin Mango Daiquiris. They were SO good. Plus we got to keep our cups and leis. We wanted some of the other cups as well, so we took some of the ones we wanted that people had left behind. ha ha.



The ended the luau with dancers. It's not a luau without them. I even got up and danced with them when they asked for volunteers.




I wasn't going to go because I couldn't find anyone to go with me. So glad Kyle could go with me last minute. He was the perfect one to take.



2 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like a fun luau. Kyle looks like he could have been one of the dancers :)

jamie hixon said...

Why is your work so rad? And why would they not invite everyone? And why are those cups so awesome? And why would anyone leave them behind? I am full of luau questions.