Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Yellowstone


It had been over 10 years since I had been to Yellowstone. You know what I decided? Yellowstone is pretty, but I like Grand Teton more than Yellowstone. I think Grand Teton is really underrated. Yellowstone is still great though and I learned it was the first National Park. We had a fun time exploring it.



First thing we went to was the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone which has a beautiful waterfall. We did a short little hike for a better view of the water fall. It was a little cold... fall is already in full swing up there. I'd rather be a little cold than really hot though... especially when I'm hiking. Great little hike. We enjoyed it.





Stopped to set up the hammock in a forest of dead trees. There have been a lot of fires in the area lately.


We found a pretty place that was tucked away in the forrest. It was very quiet and beautiful and hardly anyone passing by. PERFECT!! I brought dehydrated meals for breakfast and dinner. Love getting to use my Jetboil and it's nice to have a warm yummy meal instead of just road trip junk food. My kind of breakfast in bed.






Of course we saw some Bison.



And stopped by Gibbon Falls.... which we both LOVED. Yellowstone is great!





1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

So many great pictures! I've never been to Yellowstone, but this is making me want to go.