Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, September 24, 2010

4 Layer Dessert

I LOVE this dessert. When I first heard of it and tried it, it was called "Afternoon Delight"... but I think it is known to most people as "4 Layer Dessert".  It is easy and delicious.

1st Layer:

1- 1/2 sticks melted butter
1 -1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Mix ingredients together and spread on bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

2nd Layer:

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cool whip

Mix 2nd layer and spread over 1st layer. Chill for 1 hour.

3rd Layer:

2 packages chocolate pudding
3 cups milk

Make pudding, put on top of 2nd layer.

4th Layer:

Top with cool whip
Sprinkle with nuts (optional)

4 comments:

Tammy Jackson said...

This is one of my favorite desserts!!!

Tammy Jackson said...

This is one of my favorite desserts!!!

jamie hixon said...

I wish I could eat dessert every night with no consequences!

Tracy said...

me too Jamie.