Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas at Tutoring

Next month it will be a year since my friend Sara and I started our service to tutor the kids at the Boulders Community. I could not adore those kids more. When we first started going, I mostly wanted to go so that I could serve and feel like I was doing good in the world, give my life a little more purpose when trying to recover from a hard time in my life. I never thought about how attached to the kids I would become and how much I would start to care for them and how much I would love doing this service. It does not even feel like service anymore. I never realized how much these kids would teach me. I love these kids. I look forward to helping them every week and I miss them when I miss a week of tutoring. I want nothing more than to see these kids to succeed. They are sweet kids. I am thankful for them in my life.

This last Thursday they had a Christmas Tree set up in the community center where we tutor. My friend Maria, who is one of the ones in charge of running the program brought decorations for the kids to put on the tree. So during the play time, it was fun to watch the kids having so much fun decorating the big tree and two little trees there. Had I realized this was going to go on, I would have brought my nice camera. It gave me a chance to test out my camera on my new phone, They are not bad for a camera phone. Just glad to know as long as have my phone on me, I will always have a camera on me... and video. :o)

Here are a few of the kids decorating. I have a lot of pictures of Leslie... because I think she is so sweet and adorable. She makes a great model.


Here is how the trees turned out. Looks like tensile threw up on them. I love that it is not perfect and looks like little kids decorated them.


Here are some of my favorite boys at tutoring. Anthony is seriously one of the funniest kids. He can always make me smile. Aswaldo is one of the sweetest boys there. I ADORE him and always get excited when he comes. I know I am not supposed to have favorites, but he is one of my favorites.  He wanted to use Maria's camera to take pictures. Future photographer in the house!

Aren't these kids cute? Alexis didn't want us to take her picture.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

How did I miss this post??
Those kids are so cute and I am so glad that you are tutoring. What a wonderful experience.