Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve I spent the night at my parents new house so that I could wake up on Christmas day with my family and not at my place. Just seemed better... and it was. I spent the entire day relaxing with the family. I think it was a record for how long we waited to open presents. Lori and family had their own Christmas before they came to Utah and Kristy and family were having their own Christmas before coming over to my parents house. I don't think we opened presents until the afternoon. The morning was spent preparing dinner and playing with kids and relaxing. I set up a dessert table to snack on throughout the day and night. I think the kids liked it the most. They were all on a sugar high all day and night long. ha ha. Christmas only comes once a year right?


Here we are around the tree opening gifts and me with my gifts. We draw names every year... and this year we decided to all do home made gifts. I had Lori and family and put together a family night book for their family. Kristy has the same one for her family and her kids love it. My mom made us all sewn ornament nativities. They are adorable. Lori & Billy had Kristy & family and they made them a frame and cutting bored carved from a tree that Billy cut down. Lori also sewed lunch sacks for the kids that are super cute. My family is so amazing and crafty. I am amazed with the things they can do.

Lori gave my parents a calendar of their family... a lot of the pictures that made it into the calendar are ones that I took..... which makes me feel good, when people like my photography.

Kristy gave my parents ornaments with all the grandkids pictures. Some of those pictures are ones I took too. I told my mom she should put them in the wreath. I think they look SO great! What great ideas! I should have made home made gifts for my parents but I didn't. Sad.


 The kids were having a great time. Especially Grant and William. They are so cute to watch. It was a great day. I can't wait for Jamie and family to come tomorrow!



I love my family and I am so happy to be spending so much time with them! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

It was a great day. Thanks for taking pictures to help me remember it always and forever :)

jamie hixon said...

Thanks for the pictures. It is nice to feel like I was there for actual Christmas. The gifts are cool!