Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 45

This week my co-worker has been gone and I have been covering everything. Last year I did the same and it wasn't that big of a deal. The week before Christmas tends to be slow. Not this year. I have been busy and usually staying late everyday, then after work trying to go shopping for Christmas. Today was my last day of work for the week and I have next week off and I can't tell you how happy I am for the break. Today I also took a long lunch for a "Girls Outing" which I hope happens more. I went with my mom, oldest sister and my nieces to the movies to go see "Tangled". It was my nieces first time to the movie theater and it was so fun to see how excited they were to be there. It was SO cute. I loved our girls outing. Plus, the movie was pretty adorable too. I am going to buy that one when it comes out.

This week my blog was discovered! My blog post that I did about seeing the lights at Temple Square was discovered by a lady that works at Temple Square. I'm pretty sure she found it just by googleling "Christmas at Temple Square" or something. Which is awesome that my blog comes up high on the search engine list. Anyway... she found my blog... loved it and made a comment asking me if she could use my experience and some of my pictures to be posted on the Temple Square site. I said of course and wrote a little more than what was on my blog. She wrote me again today and said that she posted it. So if you want to check it out and look around the rest of the site, go here. I find it awesome when someone finds me on the web and then likes what I am doing (writing or photography or what have you) enough that not only they leave a comment but want to feature me or share my blog with others.  Hopefully there will be a little more of that in the future.

So a sad thing that happened in the last week is that the Provo Tabernacle burned. The outside walls remain, but that is about it. It is pretty much the saddest thing ever. I had my graduation there. We have our stake conferences there. I have been to many concerts there. Its a beautiful building. I think it was the most beautiful building in Provo and now... its gone. The fire was an accident, they are thinking electrical. Still so sad. I am hoping they try and restore it and rebuild it to as close as it was before. Of course you can never bring back a piano that is worth thousands and original artwork. Its just sad. You can read more about it here.

I am in the home stretch of Christmas music.... so I have been listening to it tons. I will only listen to it in December and its only once a year and this month is going by fast... so trying to appreciate it to its fullest. I love my old classic Christmas music like Frank Sinatra, Andrews Sisters, Dean Martin, Carpenters... etc... but this year I wanted to get some new fun Christmas music on top of my classic faves. I have a hard time with the pop artists Christmas albums... its a little too overdone for me. What I do love though is newer mellow artists that have some cool classic covers, but then they have new Christmas music. I feel like you hear the same songs over and over all month long... just different covers of those same songs. Its refreshing to hear new Christmas music. Last year my new faves were David Archuleta's Christmas Album and Mindy Smith. Of course I also love Michael Buble and Josh Groban's Christmas albums. This year's new faves are "Glee Christmas", "The Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs" and "Dave Barns" new Christmas album that came out this year. He has a lot of new fun Christmas songs. Love him.

The other day I went down to the cafe at work because I didn't have much food at home. I decided to just get a burger. When telling the guy that was making my burger what I wanted on it, he asked me if I wanted fries with my burger. Automatically I almost said yes... because how often do you get a burger without fries. I don't often. Its like they just go together. I thought about it.... well regular fries or sweet potato fries? They were out of sweet potato fries was I was a little less motivated to get them. We had a discussion about me getting them or not getting them. They probably thought I was being really silly. Everyone else was ordering fries with their burgers. Anyway... I finally decide that I am not going to get the fries because I wasn't that hungry and one less unhealthy thing right? I guess... When my burger was done, he handed it to me with just a little bit of fries on the side. He then told me that he just gave me a little bit of fries (so I wouldn't have to pay for it) because having a burger without fries is un-American. ha ha. I wouldn't want that now would I?

On Monday night, it snowed all night long. When I got up to go to work Tuesday morning, there was a good 16 inches of snow on the ground and no snow plow in site. I will say that with that much snow on the ground, it is beautiful. EVERYTHING is completely white and its very quiet and bright outside. If I didn't have to leave my house I probably would have thought it was the best thing ever. However... I have to go to work and be there at a certain time. I can drive in the snow just fine, but my poor little car can't always handle what other big cars can. Driving in 16 inches of snow is not the easiest task. I tried to follow car tracks from cars that left before me that morning. It was working fine until I had to stop before going on to the main road... there is a little ditch to get up on that road. In this ditch is where my poor little car got stuck. Another girl got stuck right by me with her car. I probably struggled and tried to get out of this snow ditch for about 7 minutes or so which seemed like 20 when you are trying to get to work. I didn't know what I was going to. I have never had to call someone to get my car out of being stuck in the snow. Thankfully me and this other girl were determined to get out and just kept trying until we both finally got out. Thank goodness! In these situations I don't like the snow.... not at all. I got to work and I was late, but I was the first one there. Next co-worker came in a half hour after I got there. Next person came in an hour after I got there. A few of my co-workers decided they would work from home because they didn't want to drive in the snow. Oh how I wish I had that option. I'm just a California girl trying to survive living in a Winter Wonderland!

2 comments:

Kayleigh said...

I saw Tangled when I went to AZ for Thanksgiving. I think I enjoyed it more than the kids! I took them to see Yogi the Bear last Thursday and my 6 year old niece said she liked it more than Tangled, that Tangled was too scary. Crazy!

That's so cool about Temple Square!

I totally hate getting stuck in the snow! Luckily it has only happened... Okay, it has actually been like 7 or 8 times, but it has always been where my car was parked. When I lived in Lehi I got stuck in the driveway and was able to push my car out by myself. Before I had a covered space at my apt in Orem the space I had was facing downward a little and it was SO hard to get out of that jam. It is not fun!

jamie hixon said...

That snow situation sounds very scary and sad. I'm glad you got out. Our heater didn't work in our car for about 5 hours of our drive home! I started to dilike snow just a little bit. Luckily the kids were bundled up pretty good.

I am proud of you for the blog feature!

I want to see Tangled. Kind of sad I missed that outing.