Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bigger is not Always Better

A LONG time ago, my little brother built a computer. Back then, it was the bomb dot com. When my brother left on his mission in 2004, he gave me that gem of a computer. For YEARS I have been using that computer. Lugging it around. It didn't matter that they were making computers smaller and smaller.... I kept that computer. People would look at my computer in my room and say... what the.... I don't know why. Maybe because it was HUGE? Mostly people would ask me why it had a handle on top. I would then have to explain that my brother built it that way for LAN parties. Then I would remember that most people don't know what a LAN Party is and would have to explain it to them. Besides the handle on top of the tower and the see through case with the red light around the fan, I think my favorite thing about that computer is the dragon sticker that my brother put by the power button.


Well, a little over a year ago I bought a MacBook Pro. I no longer needed the HUGE computer. I still kept it for a year because I had not taken all the info off of the hard drive and put it on my laptop. I have been going through all of my stuff and getting rid of stuff I don't use anymore and the computer was one of them. I finally got all the info I needed off of it and gave it back to my brother this weekend. Using it again after a year I had forgotten how slow and full of viruses it was. It was good to me, but I was not sad to see it go. I wonder how happy my brother was to get back his master piece after 7 years?

Definitely not a bad thing to go from this....


To this....


I love having more space. I love technology.

2 comments:

Caytlin said...

I went to a LAN party in your parents' attic with Chad, Todd, Jeff and some other guys in high school. I was definitely the outsider. The first time I said "LAN party" in front of Chris, he was like...."you know what that is?!" then laughed at me. :)

rachel v. said...

yay for macs! It must be nice to have an updated computer :)