Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 47

It has been SOOOOOO freezing! I can barely take anymore. I realize that we need snow, and it can snow and it can snow as much as it wants in the mountains. However, I am very tired of the sheet of ice that covers every road and sidewalk that will not melt because its so stinking cold. I'm tired of being so careful walking everywhere. This is the part of Winter where I have zero motivation to go anywhere or do anything.

With that being said, I have been SO lazy ever since my family was here. The only thing I have been doing is going to work. Well, I did go to tutoring as well, but I probably wouldn't have gone if my friend did not go with me and drive me there. Not that I don't want to go anywhere.... this is just what happens to me in the Winter. I hate it, its terrible. Its not like me. I LOVE to stay busy and be out of the house. This week, all I have been doing is going to work and then coming home and wrapping up in a blanket and sitting in front of the TV until I go to bed. GROSS!!! I never even watch TV. This is so unlike me and I need to snap out of it. Winter isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so I need to learn to cope with it. Why is this so hard for me EVERY YEAR!?

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but there is a new poll to take on the top right corner. I have "Photo of the Week" and "Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet". If I was going to add another weekly post, what would you want it to be? Friday Flashback? (which I would be copying my friend Desiree if I did that one, but I just thought it was such a cute idea. Tuesday's Tip? I know I already do recipe's... but should they be weekly? Sunday Supper mayhaps? Or I could do a weekly review of a movie or music or local shops and venues. I would even take suggestions of what you guys think.

I have been tossing and turning in bed a lot lately. I wonder if that means anything. I'm usually a better sleeper.

I woke up this morning smelling really yummy breakfast through the vents. This reminded me of Saturday mornings growing up when my dad would make us pancakes or french toast EVER Saturday. This was a happy thought as I woke up to the smell until I remembered that it wasn't my dad cooking it, but my roommate which made me sad..... because it meant that good smell was not for me. Its the pitts when you smell something delicious and you can't have any of it.

I know that we are looked after. Monday night was really hard for me. I was feeling very sad and down. I prayed to feel loved. After that I received really sweet emails from my mom and sisters and Tuesday night Tina was home and spending time with me, my friend Jessica came over for a couple hours and then after Jessica left my good friend Jeanna (who I wish I spent more time with) text me to see if she could come over and she brought me a ceramic crane from China town because it reminded her of me. She is so sweet. We chatted for a couple hours. I felt loved. I am so thankful for the people in my life that are there for me when I need them the most.

At tutoring this week I was helping this boy with a school assignment. He was supposed to think of a crazy invention and showed me this little booklet of examples and that if his idea was chosen he could win $10,000. That is a lot of money for a little boy to have. The inventions in this little booklet that he had were silly affordable and doable inventions. Example, there was an ice mold of a plate and silverware for meals so that you didn't have to wash dishes, you would simply have to put on hot water and it would melt away. Another one was soundproof underpants to hid unwanted noise. They also had pencil led nail polish so that you could write with your nails and didn't ever have to search for a pen or pencil. I was trying to lead this little boy in the right direction, but all he wanted was to create a robot that could do anything.... which I don't think he will win $10,000 for. I tried to be encouraging anyway. Anyway... it just made me think of what I would create if I could. Not something silly necessarily, but something that I would really want right now. I would want a computer program where I could take pictures of my wardrobe and have a quality digital photo (cut out) of all my pants, dresses, tops, coats accessories (including hats and scarves and sunglasses along with rings and necklaces) and shoes. This program would have settings where depending on what you typed in, it knew what type of outfit you needed... like weather and occasion (work, church, formal, casual). So depending on what you typed into this program it would bring up a different outfit everyday using things you already have. It would also suggest how to do your hair and make up along with it and the step by step of how to get that look. This program would be on a device like an ipad with a big touch screen. I think it would be awesome because I wouldn't get so bored of my wardrobe so fast and it would be fun to have a different look everyday without so much thinking effort on my part. I would TOTALLY use this invention right now. I don't think its been done. Next best that does exist is POLYVORE. This does require you to buy things though. You create your style and put together outfits and it tells you where you can buy each item of clothing.
What would you invent?

3 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

I am starting to know what you mean about the winter blues! I don't like going out there when it's so cold. Last night when I did, I had a headache when I got home.
My favorite thing in your post... underwear that hides sounds! ha ha ha ha

jamie hixon said...

Hey, at least the blues are seasonal, right? Like, they end at some point. I don't think it is bad to watch TV by yourself every once in a while.

I am sorry you were feeling sad, but isn't it great that prayer works and friends are there for you? Thanks for sharing that.

Your invention reminds me of Clueless, just much better! I want one when it happens.

Lori said...

I think that you have been tossing and turning in your bed lately because you are not doing as much and so you are not as exhausted as normal.
I love your invention... it's really brilliant!
Love you