Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, October 29, 2011

In My World of Halloween

This month totally flew by... and I didn't do as much when it comes to festive activities as I did last year... although I still did a lot. I still wanted to share some Halloweenish things that happened this month that were not big parties or anything... but still worth sharing.

First of all... towards the beginning of the month, I came home from work one day to find my house all decorated and cute for Halloween. Rachel is amazing. I love her style so I know whatever she is going to do is going to be awesome and I will love it. So nice to have a roommate who is an interior designer. :)



I don't normally like Krispy Kream that much... but a little birdie told me that they had these delicious pumpkin spice donuts... so I had to give them a try. All I can say is... YUM!!! I told my boss the next day about it and he went and got them for us at work. ha ha.



I have the most thoughtful family. My oldest sister Kristy made some Carmel chocolate popcorn to give away as Halloween treats. She was sweet enough to think of me. She not only gave me some but she dropped it off for me at work. It is always a fun surprise at work to get a phone call from the girl at the front desk saying I have a package. It is exciting for me to go down to the front desk to see what it is and who it is from. Although the only people who have done that for me are my mom and Kristy, so I had a pretty good guess it was from Kristy. I asked the girl at the front desk if it was from my sister once I got down there and she said yes. And I love that she knows who my sister is. ha ha. It was so thoughtful of Kristy to do that and it totally made my day. I read her cute note as I went back to my office and all of my co-workers were so jealous that I got a package of treats. They said nobody had ever left them a package before. Thank you Kristy for thinking of me and being such an awesome sister.


Last but not least, last night I went to a party in Lindon with my friends Vicki & Mindi. I was for sure the odd ball out because I didn't have a matching costume, but we still had fun. The dance was hoppin and it was fun to see how creative people got with their costumes. For the most part... I was way over dressed because Halloween is an excuse to dress up like a skank. Oh well. We had fun dancing regardless. After the dance we went to eat at Denny's and our friend Matt (from Lake Powell) and his roommate came and met us there. After Denny's Vicki and I went to their place and watched a movie on their projector. Another Halloween movie to add to my list this year. We watched "Young Frankenstein". Oh good times. I am so sad that there are only a couple of days left of October and Halloween activities.



5 comments:

Kristy said...

Glad you liked the popcorn. That reminds me that I promised the recipe to someone....

Lori said...

Glad you got to enjoy halloween with lots of partys :) Kristy is one awesome sister isn't she... we are so lucky.

jamie hixon said...

Aww. That is so great about Kristy's treat. And HELLO your house looked FAB for Halloween.
And you make a cute pirate. I like the wolf idea too.

Lynette Mills said...

and by the way... not over dressed! others were just not dressed enough

THE LIZARD'S said...

how fun! i would totally bring you stuff at work if i was close enough. I think that is a nice surprise of your sis!!!