Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Patriotic Shirts

A while back, I saw this professional picture on Pinterest of a girl wearing a shirt with an American flag on it. I loved the design. When I clicked on the picture to find out more... it didn't have instructions, it just said that it was spray painted. After I saw that, I thought of Meg since her birthday is on the 4th of July and she is always getting new patriotic outfits to wear on her birthday. I asked her if she wanted to attempt the craft. I was super happy that she did. So we planned a craft night.

We didn't really know what we were doing. We were hoping it was going to be a Pinterest success and not a Pinterest fail. We bought white T-Shirts and spray paint and came home and got to work. First we drew and cut out stars on paper and taped them to the shirt.


Then we went outside and spray painted over the stars and then the stripes. We didn't want it to look perfect... we were loving the way they were turning out so far.



That was the easy/fun part. We wanted to model exactly after the picture we saw... which was a tank top. I have plans for wearing it over my swim suit on 4th of July. So it was time to cut. This part made me nervous. I have never been great at cutting straight, but we both just had to go for it. For the back, you take some of the scraps that you cut and tie it in the back. I love the back.


This is how both of our shirts turned out. We both did them slightly different, but I think they both turned out super cute. I love the look of them. Cute, original and homemade shirts. Can't beat that. I love having original clothing. And I have never thought to spray paint shirts! I may have to try that again in the future.



I love crafting and I love my Meg time. #pinterestsuccess


4 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun craft! Never thought to spray paint a shirt either... let me know how it washes. Turned out awesome- bring it to Dinkey!

Tracy said...

I'm going to! You will see it in person. :)

Meg said...

so much fun! thanks for making it happen.

jamie hixon said...

Those are really cute, especially on!