Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Rodeo


Last night, my roommates and I and a few friends went to the Strawberry Days Rodeo in Pleasant Grove. I went last year. It's a good time, so I was excited to go again. One of my friends that went had never been before, so that was exciting! I dressed up like a cowgirl and decided I would going to check out cute cowboys while I was there. It was SUPER crowded.... but we found seats.


Rodeo's are fun. What a dangerous sport though! Sometimes I hurt just watching those cowboys on the bucking horses or bucking bulls. They took away the event where the kids ride the sheep. They replaced it with cowboys milking wild cows. Groups of 3 had to catch a cow, get it to hold still long enough to get some milk out of it. It was so intense. There many injuries, two of which were taken to the hospital... so we had to take some time to wait for the paramedics to show up. Makes me so sad when people get hurt.


I still love the dirt bikes. And of course the Bull Riding is very exciting. You know what I hate about the Rodeo though? The Rodeo clown! Clowns are so annoying. During the bull riding, the clown comes out and sits on a barrel. Sometimes he stands in the barrel. I happened to say out loud that I wished the the bull would run into the barrel and knock the clown over and that would be pretty awesome. Well... guess what happened with the next bull rider!? It was awesome. I didn't think it would actually happen because I had never seen that happen before. The guy that was in front of me that agreed with me when I said what I wanted to happen... after it DID happen he turned around and gave me a big high five as we both cheered. ha ha. Apparently he didn't like the clown either. Ha! Good times.

After the rodeo was over, it was time for the fireworks. Gotta love the fireworks, and we had great seats for them. Man I love Summer!


My roommates and I (minus Jessica, we missed her)




1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Fireworks? Awesome. Also, who in their right mind tries to milk a wild cow?? Someone who wants to get kicked in the face, that's who.