Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Dinner for the Kids Take 4


Tonight for Sunday dinner... instead of my dad grilling like he usually does, my sister put on her 5th annual Halloween Dinner for the kids. It is the 4th that I have attended. I told my sister that I probably get more excited for this tradition than the kids do. Guess it is my peter pan syndrome. The last few years I have also tried to help out and contribute a scary or gross food to the menu. My sister always does such a great job thinking of cute things and every year is different. First year was cute. But I feel like every year just get's better. :) And the kids.... they love it.


My mom had some Halloween decorations up.



My parents made some of their regular food and put bugs in them.



My dad also made some eye ball deviled eggs


An ice hand got put in the drink.


My mom made moldy brains (cauliflower with cheese sauce)


What did I contribute this year? I made little mouths with teeth (apples with peanut butter and marshmallows)


I also made bones (pretzel sticks with marshmallows covered with white chocolate)


My sister Kristy made worms. Jello that were made in straws! By far wins the prize for the most realistic gross food made yet.


And the main dish. Sea Monsters (pot pies)


It was so fun. Thank you Kristy for putting this on every year and for letting me be a part of it. 

3 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

Thanks for once again documenting a fun night of food and great people

Kristy said...

You document it so well. Glad you can share the tradition with us. :)

jamie hixon said...

I see some Pinterest action. :) That is awesome. I wonder if my kids would try any of that? Asher is so put off by textures. But maybe the peer pressure would get him... anyway, it looks great!