Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 310

I feel like I just got back and I am already packing up to leave again tomorrow. I'm not going to complain about being in California 2 weekends in a row. 2 weeks time and I will have spent more time in California than in Utah. Not sad. This next weekend I will be in Southern Utah in stead of Northern, so it will be even warmer. YES!! This is how I get through Winter. :) This Winter will not even have seemed so bad because 2 weeks I was in hot Brazil, over a week in California.... then it's supposed to start warming up next week. I can do this.

So I have pretty much blogged about last weekend in Northern Cali. It was so fun. A new adventure... going places I had never been before with a new travel buddy that I had never traveled with before. It is always fun to travel with someone from a different country because not only do have have all the normal get to know you questions, but on top of that you get to learn more about how things are different in their country vs ours. Pretty fun. I would travel with her again in a heartbeat. Maybe we will. Who knows what time will unfold.

Monday I got back from my little weekend adventure and then went straight to work after. When I got home the rest of the night was dedicated to unpacking and doing laundry and all that fun stuff that I don't do on the weekend because I am always busy or gone.

Tuesday I was up in Salt Lake for my monthly eyelash fill. It's also my time to catch up and chat with Ali, which I love. She is great. Years of her doing my lashes, we have become pretty good friends.

Wednesday I finally saw my friend Amber. I hadn't seen or hung out with her since her birthday trip to Hawaii. I got to hear all the drama with that and we went to the movies. We saw "The Choice" because Amber had been wanting to see it. It is the newest Nicholas Sparks movie. I'm going to be real with you right now. I like chic flicks. I like drama and am a romantic. Even though all his movies/ books are the same... pretty much and super sappy, I have a place in my heart for them. I was excited to see it. I was hoping for sappy... I was even hoping for a good cry. With Nicholas Sparks movies, I either love them or hate them. Usually not a lot of in between. The last few I have really liked. Anyway... Amber and I realized pretty soon after the movie started that we were going to hate this one. Oh man... it was SO bad. We were laughing because it seemed to go on forever and never got any better. It was SO bad. Such a bad script that I don't even know how the actors could take it seriously. Everything about it... I hated it. We had a great laugh though and had a fun time together, so I guess for that... it was worth it. I just hope that I never see it again. :)

Tonight... I pack again. I know, I was just unpacking. Tomorrow I am driving to San Clemente with my parents in my grandma's TINY car. Should be interesting. The drive to California now seems like forever because I always fly when I go now. I have been spoiled. I remember when I first moved to Utah, I used to make that drive like every other month... typically by myself. Now I dread even driving to Vegas by myself because I get bored. Ha ha. Maybe I am just getting old and don't have it in me. With good company though, it's not so bad. Anyway.... I'm thrilled to be able to go and attend my grandma's memorial service and go to warm weather and see my cousins... so I don't care. I am so happy to be going. :) here is to another week of Winter gone and a fun weekend ahead with some bitter sweet moments. Love long weekends.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Good to know about "The Choice." Even the name seems bad to me, like some after school special or something. Darn you, Nicholas Sparks!