Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The TUNA Yurt



It's that time of year again, time for the 3rd annual yurt trip. Every year I try to pick a different Yurt. First Year was Lily Lake Yurt by Evingston Wyoming. Last year was The Green Canyon Yurt up Logan Canyon... THIS year I reserved The TUNA yurt up in the Uinta's. Didn't have to drive quite as far this time, but almost just as much. 

The hike was a little bit harder for me this year. I know I am out of shape, but it was also more uphill than I was expecting. I knew we would be going uphill, but I didn't think it would be for the entire 3 miles. 3 miles becomes slightly more difficult when it is all uphill and with snowshoes and a big backpack. For Ian... it was no big deal... obviously, look at him... (it was warmer than we all expected and all shed a few layers)



Because it was uphill... it gave us a pretty awesome view. 



The yurt was cozy. The smallest yurt I have stayed in so far. Someone left a mini disco ball in there, so naturally there was a mini dance party that night. We had a hard time getting the fire under control so we smoked ourselves out of the yurt a couple of times... other than that, it was a great trip. We all had a great time. It really is such a neat experience to hike out into the middle of the wilderness without another person in site for miles and have a little warm and cozy place to sleep and hang out away from technology and normal life and just bond as friends. 







I'm thankful to have cool friends that will come on cool outings with me and enjoy the great outdoors.  This has become one of the highlights of Winter for me, so I will keep reserving yurts and putting these trips together. 

Daniel, Allison and I have been on all 3 yurt trips together. We also had 2 that came last year and 2 new timers. Great group!


LOVE my Yurt Trips!!



1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

You are so cool, and that looks way fun. Yurts. I swear I had never even heard of a yurt before you started going.
Also, you have "...it gave us a pretty awesome view." right under the picture of your shirtless friend, and that made me laugh.