Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 321

It has been SO rainy! I don't mind the rain, but I am READY for the sunshine.

Over the weekend.... I did NOTHING. I hate that. I sat on the couch all weekend because it was cold and rainy and didn't have anything to do. I don't want another repeat of that. I also woke up Saturday morning with a sore throat. I went from bad allergies to cold. However, I told that cold where to go because I took some ongaurd and got a lot of sleep and drank lots of water and it went away that night. Thank goodness for that. My allergies have also pretty much gone away now... probably because pretty much all the blossoms have fallen off of the trees.

Tuesday I was asked to give a class about massage for our relief society spa night activity. It went really well. Everyone really took in everything that I had to say. It was better than I expected it to be. Everyone understood the important of massage and was inspired to get them more often and take better care of their bodies... which was the whole point. I also taught the girls a few techniques that they could try on each other and lectured about having a foam roller. I have a love hate relationship with my foam roller... I recommend it to everyone. Anyway... great class.

My diet is going down hill fast. I am back on sugar and sticking less and less to my diet. To make things worse, Friday we had "Fun Food Day" and I made my Lemon Lavender cake and I ate crap all day and this week is quarter end, so they give us a bunch of treats and give us lunch and breakfast... It's sad. Anyway... I feel fat and crappy again. I have been going to the gym and working pretty hard at the gym and the days that I'm not busy, MacKenzie and I have been walking after work and my co-worker Joe and I sometimes walk around the campus for a break. It's not enough though. So that leads me to what else happened this week...

Tonight I met with a personal trainer. I have done the personal trainer thing before through 24 hour fitness. It's expensive I know, but I think I have gotten desperate for a change. Last time I did it... It was only for 5 weeks I think maybe a little longer, and we only met together twice a week. We talked about diet, but he didn't really make a plan for me in that area. This time... I think it will be different. From what we talked about tonight anyway. I will be going to Orem to this guy's personal gym. I will be working out with him Monday-Friday for an hour every day. He will put me on a detox diet for the first 14 days... after that he will give me shopping lists and meal plans of what I will eat along with working out with him everyday. It is going to be hard and it will suck... I'm not sure it will get any easier... but I need to do this. I want to be in good shape. I want the transformation. So... I'm hopeful. I am strong and I work hard... so I think I can do this. I start Monday.

I FINALLY finished Ally McBeal. It took a long time to get through 5 seasons. That show was weird and a half. There were SO many different guest stars. So many of the main characters left with no explanation. I was glad when I finally got to the end. So now I am catching up on my other shows. Blacklist, New Girl, Agents of Shield, Blindspot, Mindy Project, Nashville, etc... I started watching Dance with the Stars because of Nile... he is the deaf guy that won America's next top model. He is SO GOOD. It is amazing to me that someone who can't hear music can dance so well. He is also VERY nice to look at. Just saying. At night I have been watching Catfish. I have now gotten two of my roommates hooked on it as well. (I didn't even mean to make a pun there... just happened). It's hard not to fall in love with Nev and Max. Such a fun show. I am in the 3rd season now. So good.

I had a date set up for Wednesday...... I was going to write about it... however, I think it deserves it's own post. So I will write one tomorrow.

Still practicing the Ukulele and Guitar. I put a new battery in my tuner so now both are perfectly in tune. It is amazing how long I played my guitar out of tune. I knew it was, but I didn't think it was as bad as it was. Anyway... still trying to decide if I am going to start recording myself sing and play. That has always been hard for me to sing and play at the same time, so maybe that would be good practice for me.

 Getting close to setting my patio back up. As soon as I feel like it is going to stop raining, I'll get the patio ready. I'm excited. Nothing better than having my patio back (back to pretty and being a hang out space) and spring cleaning. Still getting going through stuff to get rid of stuff. I love having a clean and non-cluttered space. I know... so weird. I thought that was normal, but I don't think it is because the majority of the people that I have lived with have not been like that. One day... I will have more control over my house. I dream of having my own place once day and what it will look like. Anyway....

I guess that is all for this week. Peace.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

I've been reading a book on tidying and it basically says if it doesn't bring you joy you need to get rid of it. I'm going slower than I'd like, but I've got 5 trash bags full of stuff I'm getting rid of so far... purging feels good!

That's cool that you gave a massage class- I would totally go to that. I don't have a form roller, but I do have a huge one for my back. I love/hate that thing.

I'm so into Agents of Shield. They do a great job with that show.

Good for you for going to a personal trainer! I have never done that, but I should. I feel like I can't lose weight no matter what I do. I read this thing about former "Biggest Loser" contestants and how all of their metabolisms are broken. Long story short... I think my metabolism is broken. I don't know what to do about that.