Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Utah Dining - Take 8 Santa Barbara Style



I had to do this special Utah Dining post because there are two food joints that started in my hometown of Goleta/Santa Barbara and they are RIGHT next to each other in Sandy. WHAT??!! I asked them if that was on purpose.. and they gave me a clueless look and said no.

The Habit

Just some of the best burgers. People made such a big deal about In & Out and how lucky I was to grow up with it. Sure.. I grew up with it and it was ok, but we would ALWAYS choose the Habit over In & Out. Fresh and delicious. They do it right.





Freebirds

Awesome burritos. I don't know what else to say except that they are delicious. Fresh, flavorful and amazing.






I'm proud that these little places from Goleta have turned out to be such a big success. All I have to do is drive to Sandy to feel like I'm back home in Goleta/Santa Barbara California. It makes me happy. If only they were in Provo... well, it's probably a good thing that they are not. It will stop me from eating there often.

3 comments:

jamie hixon said...

We have those too in AZ- I haven't been to Freebirds, but I hear it is pretty different from the IV original. However, the Habit tastes exactly the same... how do they DO that?! I have to get a tri-tip sandwich almost every time I go (which isn't that often. They live just far enough away from me too.)

Crazy Lifferths said...

There is a Habit in Lehi now:)

Lori said...

That's so fun to have two "local eats" near you :) We love the habit here too, I don't go to IV often enough for freebirds though. IV still scares me.