Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, April 29, 2016

Mr. Flake

Like MANY others... I met Mr. Flake online. We chatted back and forth for a few days and it seemed to go pretty well so he asked me for my number and then asked me if he could "have the honor of taking me on a date". Well, how do you say no when someone asks you like that? 

Looking through each others schedules (especially mine this week) we decided to meet on Wednesday. Home boy doesn't have a car, so I agreed to meet him in Salt Lake after work. Typically I like to meet in the middle, but I was feeling nice. He asked me to meet him at a Tea place. I agreed. 

Wednesday came and I ended up being at work until after 6. He called me right around the time I was about to leave. He called me to make sure we were still on and to set up a time. I still needed to go home and change because it started raining and I also needed to fill up on gas before heading up to Salt Lake. We decided that 7:30 would give me enough time to do that and drive up and give him plenty of time to get dinner. He told me his phone was about to die, so that is why he wanted to set the time. It was all set.

I run home, change and fill up on gas and start my drive to Salt Lake. It was raining. I hate driving in the rain. You can't see as well, people drive like idiots... I just didn't want to drive to Salt Lake in the rain... on top of that, I was tired from a hard workout and a long day at work.... but on I went because I am a woman of my word. 

I get to the tea place right on time. I drove 40 minutes and I got there on time. Mr. Flake lives in the area and he was not there. So I waited outside for a few minutes looking around, waiting for him to walk up at any minute. I felt awkward waiting outside by myself... so I went inside. It was awkward waiting inside by myself too... but at least it was the type of place where you could sit and hang out or study or whatever... so I sat at a table by myself and played on my phone... trying to act busy and not awkwardly waiting for a guy that I have never met before. I sat there... waiting by myself for a HALF HOUR. I hadn't heard anything from him, so I was irritated and I didn't feel like waiting any longer. So I walked out and I went to my car. 

As soon as I sat down in my car, he called me. I almost didn't answer, but I was so curious of what he was going to say. I pick up. I'm annoyed so I know this conversation isn't going to go well. He tells me he is so sorry. He just plugged in his phone and saw what time it was. He thought he was early... he had lost track of time because his phone died. He told me to drive back and to let him make it up to me. Even though I was still there, just in my car, I told him that I had already left and I didn't want to drive back. I drove 40 minutes, waited for him for another 30 and then had another 40 minute drive home... I didn't want to waste anymore time on him. Also, I was already mad at him before I met him, I don't think it would have gone well anyway... that isn't a good way to meet someone. So I drove home.... in the pouring rain which made me even more mad. 

While driving home there were things that went through my mind that made me more mad at him. He called me knowing his phone was dying... so don't you think he would have prepared for that? Bring a watch, look at the clock at the place that you got dinner, charge your phone enough to get by for the night before you leave. He plugged his phone in at the place that we were supposed to meet and started talking to me then. So.... why couldn't he plug it in while he was at dinner... or somewhere else? So much that didn't make sense to me. 

He begged me to give him another try. I said I wouldn't go all the way to Salt Lake just the meet him again. He reminds me he doesn't have a car. I tell him, well.... next time I'm in Salt Lake for another reason, I would let him know and maybe it would work out. Honestly, I have no interest in doing that.  We haven't spoken since and I'm fine with that. 

This is the first time I have EVER been stood up on a date. I hope it is my last.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

That SUCKS!! I'm sorry. Good for you for standing up for yourself and your time, I don't know what I would have done.