Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 349

Well... it looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! I have about a month of posts to post that I will backdate so that it looks like I posted them when they actually happened... but anyone that keeps up on my blog knows that isn't true. I just don't want all of my posts to have the same date on them when I finally print my blog into a book for my own keeping. One day...

I already blogged about going to see Catch Me If You can with my mom at the Hale Center Theater. That was a fun little outing with my mom. Benefits of having family living near by. Plus, these days I don't usually have weekend plans. So it was nice to do something.

Is it sad that I rarely have weekend plans anymore. Probably. Even a few years ago I told myself I would never be that person when I got to my 30's. I saw so many of my friends do it... but I still wanted to go out and be social all of the time. Well... now I understand why it happens. Not that I am not social anymore, but I just feel like I am more picky about who I spend my time with. I'm either going to a party to meet people... or I am going to make plans with people that I actually like and want to spend time with... not acquaintances that I don't really care about. If it comes down to that, I would rather relax at home by myself or get a project done on my list of projects that I need to get done. Maybe it is sad or maybe now more than ever I am ready to settle down into the next phase of life (marriage)... just waiting for the man to come into my life. In the meantime, I don't have weekend plans a lot and I go see movies by myself. I have come to a point where I am fine with it. As long as I do have solid friends and family in my life that I love and care about and they love and care about me. I think I do. I could always use more... but I also have a solid amount of great people in my life.

Plus, I have travel to make up for the weekends I sit at home alone. I'm looking forward to my trip coming up in a couple of days!!!

Did family dinner at Kristy's house again since my parents kitchen is still not done. Kristy is so nice to feed the entire family and have us all invade her house. She has always been a very caring and giving person. I have always admired that about her... and the rest of my family for that matter. I feel like everyone is pretty good at that.

Other than that... I have just been working and going to the gym. I have had to work on an ugly project at work that I hope is finally done, but probably not. I see them springing more contracts on me. They were nice to put on a dinner for us for all of our hard work (everyone that worked on the project) at Ruby River. I sat with my boss and people from my team and we had a blast. I hadn't laughed that much in a while. Remember how much I hated being on my new team? Now I enjoy it quite a bit. Who knew that would happen. I think a lot of that is thanks to my boss and Jayna for really reaching out to me and not giving up on me despite my bad attitude when I was first put on the team. I am really happy on the team now. Never would I have thought that I would want to hang out with any of my co-workers outside of work, but this dinner was a blast. Hopefully soon I get help so that it isn't just me doing 3 people's jobs plus projects. That will be nice. I know we have something in the works... it doesn't look like it is going to happen before I leave for my trip though... so we will see what happens when I am gone for 2 weeks. Ha ha. It will be fine.

Oh yeah... the election finally happened. I'm not going to lie.... I am surprised that Trump won. I'm not sure what will happen now, but I just hope it goes well. I guess my thoughts are... better Trump than Hillary. Hopefully it calms down and I don't have to hear about it anymore. Maybe leaving the country will help? I hope so. By the time I get back lets hope that it calms down a little bit. Fingers crossed.

Went to the food truck round up with MacKenzie tonight. We both hadn't gone in forever and it had been a while since we had hung out... so we decided to get together. I'm glad we did. I had some great food and I love hanging out with Mackenzie. I miss living with her, but I am glad we still hang out.

Besides work and the gym I am just starting to put things together to pack for my trip. I still don't feel like I am going. I always feel that way before my trips... probably because I don't make any plans. I think I also feel that way because I'm going to Deb who lives in Switzerland. So it's not like we can talk and get excited about it all of the time. We have skyped a couple of times to try and talk out a couple of things... but even that is hard because we are both busy and are in different time zones. I think she will be great to travel with though. She is super laid back. I like that. I have no idea what to pack for this trip. It's getting cold here, but I don't think it will be quite as cold there... or maybe it will. I'm not sure. Ha ha... I always wait until the last minute to pack anyway... so I'm sure I will throw things together tomorrow night. We shall see. Either way, I'm excited for the break.  With me luck!

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

I need to do something similar... retcon my blog! Haha. Sometimes we get behind.