Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 351

What a trip this has been! It seems like I have been here for a long time but at the same time it has flown by. I can't believe my trip is almost over. Pretty bummed about it. I really wish I had more time.

I was kind of sad to leave Jerusalem.... not going to lie. I thought I was a little bummed to leave Tel Aviv... but Jerusalem was way harder because we were there for almost a week plus I was dating someone. Hard to say goodbye to someone you are starting to get attached to. Plus the friends that we made there and hung out with (Tim and Khaya and locals that we met)... I just had so much fun there. I got comfortable enough that I could totally see myself living abroad there. It is interesting for me to say that now too because as much as I was excited to see the Middle East, I was a little nervous of what it would be like.

I am in Jordan now and I love how different it is here from Israel. Totally different feel as soon as you walk across the boarder. What a cool country. Jordan feels like the Middle East I pictured more so than Israel. Things are a lot more foreign. People don't speak English as well. Public transportation isn't as easy to come by. I'm getting stares, but in a different way than I did in Israel. The first place we stopped after crossing the boarding into Jordan, was a little hole in the wall place to eat. The guy that gave us our pita and meat was staring at me.... while our taxi driver was getting his car fixed next door (the cars are old and janky here) Deb and I were sitting out in front of the place we got food and I noticed inside the guy that had been staring at me was now taking pictures of me while I ate my food. No shame. He wasn't even being sly about it... but he didn't ask me either. It was really weird. I tried to ignore it, but it was pretty hard to since he just kept taking more and more pictures. I finally moved out of his vision, but he just moved to another spot so he could continue to try and get pictures of me. It was like weird paparazzi that made me feel really uncomfortable. Deb and I both finished our lunch at the same time and both went back inside to throw away our trash. I was right behind her... but she went out the door and the guy stopped me and asked me if he could take my picture. Like he didn't get enough? Maybe he just wants one of me not eating? Ha ha... it was weird. I should have said no but I just stood there and smiled and let him take yet another picture of me. What is he going to do with these pictures of me... that is what I want to know. Eww...

It is definitely less touristy here. There are a lot less people at our hostels which is kind of nice in a way. I guess socially I liked Israel more, but nature wise... I have loved Jordan more. We have still met some cool people in our hostels. We had a fun hang out in Dana. Met a girl from India (now living in Singapore) that will be at the airport going home at the same time as us, so I am sure we will run into her.

It's a lot colder here than I thought it was going to be, plus I am still sick, in fact... it got worse. It is hard to get better when you are traveling, especially when it is this cold. I got some medicine my first day in Jordan, but it isn't helping as much as I want it to. It is helping me sleep better though. I have just had some rough nights sleep since we had to spend the night on a bus and every night I have had men that snore really loud in my dorm rooms. When we got to Jordan, we finally had some quite nights! In Dana was the first time we didn't have to share a room with anyone else. That was really nice. ha ha.

Yesterday we went to Petra. WOW!!! I have stories to tell. What an amazing place. I will wait until I do a separate post about it. It will be a picture overload for sure.

The next couple of days I will be on a camel trek through the Wadi Rum desert. I am SOOO excited for that. That will be my Thanksgiving.... while everyone else I know will be with family eating turkey and stuffing. I will miss that, but this will be a Thanksgiving that I will not forget.

No comments: