Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 360

I already blogged about the Yurt trip.... I had a lot to say about it and I said it all. It was difficult, but in the end, still worth the trip and glad I did it and still plan on doing it again next year. Ha ha. After reading my post about that trip, the fact that I would do it again sounds crazy... but it is all part of the adventure I guess.

Sunday is family of course church and family dinner. I always enjoy Sunday's. I get to sleep in because church isn't until 1 now and then it is a chill day and I get to have an awesome home cooked meal and hang out with my family. Always a good day.

Monday and Tuesday was quarter end... so I just worked for..... forever is what it feels like, but like 15 hours on Monday and Tuesday. Just sat at my desk and did work while I got fat because they just feed us a ton of food. This is one of the big reasons why I have such a hard time losing weight. WORK! Ugh. Jack has been disappointed in me for not coming down to the gym. Once you stop going... it is VERY easy to continue not to go after. I so wish I LOVED going to the gym and that I hated junk food. My life would be so much easier.

Have I told you how much I have come to hate the word "Literally"? Well I do. It has become such a trendy word that almost everyone I know uses it in the majority of their sentences. Correctly and incorrectly. Either way... that word now drives me NUTS and I hear it from everyone around me all day every day. Work is so bad that I started a tally on one of the white boards to point out to everyone how much they overuse the word. Nobody cares. I can't wait for that fad to go away... although... who knows how long that will take. Here is an actual quote from this season of the Bachelor... "I literally can't even.." Yep. You hear it all the time in that show. I feel like... if a word is being used that much by a bunch of pretty airheads on a reality TV show... maybe you should widen your vocabulary and choose some different words to use. We don't want to sound like the girls on the Bachelor.

Last night I made cards with Kristy. Hey... that has a nice ring to it... cards with Kristy. She could have her own show teaching people the art of card making. Anyway... I blogged about it already, but it was a good time. It was a good idea for a birthday present I thought. Right up my alley. As adults... instead of just giving gifts they may or may not want... how about the gift of quality time learning a skill? I am all about quality time. That is why I take my nieces and nephews out for the birthday's instead of getting them a stupid toy. They get a yummy treat and memories with their aunt instead. I feel like that is more memorable and meaningful. Anyway... thanks Kristy.

That brings me to tonight. Tonight after work my visiting teacher wanted to get together to introduce me to one of her other single friends that loves to travel because she wanted us to become friends and travel together. I don't know how much that happened. We did become instagram friends.... but that was about it. I do enjoy talking with my visiting teacher though and after her friend left I talked to her and her husband until midnight. They are both super sweet and personable and even though she is married... she has done a really great job of reaching out to the mid singles in the ward who all... like me.... seem to be struggling with single life and the ward. She is a great and I enjoyed hanging out with her.

And that is the close of another week. Another week closer to Spring and warmer weather... which is what I am really looking forward to. Maybe I will be more motivated to live life. Here's to hoping.


No comments: