Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Snow Canyon


Kyle and I drove over to Snow Canyon in hopes that we would be able to camp there. As we entered the park we were told that there were no camping spots left... even though I just wanted to sleep in my car. We paid to get in and thought we would figure out a way once we got in there.

So we decided to get a hike in while we figured it out and before it got dark. We hiked to the Lava Caves. I had never been before and it sounded pretty awesome to me... so I was excited. I love exploring new places and I love that I continue to find new places to explore in Utah. I have seen so much here, but there is still so much to see. Anyway... we headed to the Lava Cave. We explored the Lava Cave.




While in the Lava Cave, we met some cool people. We took some cool pictures for them and while taking pictures talked about Instagram and became Instagram friends. Then Kyle brought up that we needed to find a place to sleep that night because they told us there were no camping spots left. They told us that they were camping in the park and most of their group didn't come... so there were plenty of spots and that we should join them. So.... we took them up on their generous offer. It pays to be friendly and chat I guess. We didn't know where we were going to sleep... made new friends. Problem solved.

So we followed them back to their camp site and we set up camp ourselves. For me... that just meant turning the back of my car into a bed. I have an air mattress and memory foam and blankets and pillows and I even brought my twinkle lights. I was pretty cozy that night. While everyone else was cold in tents out in the rain... I was nice a cozy in my car. I slept great. ha ha. My new favorite way to camp. We made dinner and hung out with our new friends. There were a lot more of them at the camp then who we met on our hike... so we got to know all of them before going to bed.



The next day, it was still raining a little, but when it stopped we decided we go for another hike up White Rock. Such a rad view of Snow Canyon. Kyle and I had a blast with our new friends from Utah State in Logan. They made us feel like we were part of their crew.


The view at the top was awesome... so we took our time up there.





We also decided to do jumping pictures. I think we decided to do this because we thought because we were already up so high that it would look super legit if we were jumping? I'm not sure. All I know is that I suck at taking jumping pictures. We tried SOOOO many times before we got any good shots. I don't know why it is so hard for me to jump... but we got a good laugh out of all the attempts.





A picture of the Kyle and I were the ENTIRE group of our new friends. So glad they let us join with them. What an awesome and fun group we met.


It was a little wet and a little cold, but Kyle and I were so glad that we went. We had a blast. Plus, it is always great to get out of town, explore a new place and make new friends.


No comments: