Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 361

I already blogged about going to the John Allred concert with Kyle and Heather at the Velour... but before I did that, I was hanging out with my old friend Julia. Julia and I used to be in the same ward back in 2009. We were even in a band together called KACIA... which I always thought was a stupid name, but it was a combination of my name, Kallie's name and Julia's name. We couldn't come up with anything better so that is what it was. We would get together once a week for practice and to jam out and it was a blast. I loved it. Made some new friends and got to sing which I love. We only performed a few times. Once was for an open mic night that these guys put on at Condo Row near campus and another time was for a Stake dinner... the Stake Presidency had asked us to perform to this invite only dinner event. We might have performed one other time, but I don't remember. We mostly loved getting together to play. Well... the band soon broke up because Julia had a heart break and I had a heart break and I think one of the guys graduated and was moving on and so on and so forth. After that the only one I somewhat kept in touch with was Julia... but once she got married we lost touch as well. She got married and had a couple of kids and then we reconnected when I found out she did floral arrangements and I had her collaborate with me and Lexi on our Spring Tea Party. After that we just were liking each others pictures on Instagram. I ran into her again at the Salmon Supper this last August when she was Very pregnant with her 3rd. THEN a couple of weeks ago she text me randomly telling me that she wanted to get back into music and singing and she missed it and felt like she had something missing in her life and that was it and she wanted to know if I would want to sing with her and possible write music together and such because we blend well together and I think we relate to each other in certain ways even though we are in different phases of life. I love music. I maybe don't feel like something is missing when I am not singing... but I had definitely been feeling.... well.... a lot of different feelings and had actually been thinking how I wanted to express those feelings through writing/composing music... but I am not very good at it. Anyway... so when she came to me with this, I was all kinds of on board. Perfect timing. SO that brings me to Saturday. We got together to talk about what we wanted out of our music and our time together. We were on the same page for sure. We both have a lot we want to express, but I think it will take some time to compose our thoughts and organize how exactly we want to go about this. We decided that we would start off singing covers of some songs that speak to us and then get into writing and co-writing our own music... which I am excited about because like I said, that is something that is not easy for me, but something that I really want to get better at, because I feel like it would be really good therapy for me to express myself through music the way I want and a way that is relatable. So we got together for a few hours and will try and make it a regular thing. I'm excited about this.

Sunday was the normal church and dinner with the family. Always a nice and relaxing day.

Monday I decided to treat myself. I was going to have a spa day with Hillary... but now that she has another boyfriend she doesn't talk to me anymore....again.... so I decided I am going to have my own spa day, but started out with just getting a mini and pedi. I will schedule massage and facials for another day. Mani's and Pedi's are super relaxing, so I wasn't mad with this start.

After getting my nails and toes done, I headed over to MacKenzie's house to watch the Bachelor since that is now our tradition. After making fun of the show and talking about it after... we end up talking about a ton of other stuff and I never end up leaving her house until like midnight. So typical. Ha ha... it's fun though. I miss living with MacKenzie.

Tuesday I went to hang out with Rachel and talk for a little while. It is crazy to me that she lives up the street from me.... like a block... and we didn't see each other for the last 4 years. Now when we want to have a chat real quick, I walk up the side walk a few minutes and chat with her for an hour or so and then walk home.

After leaving Rachel's house guess who made another appearance? Mr Tyler. Yep! He is super random and I never quite know when he is going to show up. Definitely know's how to keep me on my toes and keep things interesting. He is so fun, I just wish I could find another guy like him that wanted to stick around and not just show up every 2 weeks - 4 months. Not sure that will ever happen. Guys just don't see me as girlfriend/wife material I guess. Sad... I know. I think I am pretty cool.

Went on a date with a guy named Aaron last night. He was super nice, but had a stutter and I had no idea... so it just caught me off gaurd. Also you need a lot of patience when listening to someone with a stutter. I feel bad saying that. He was super nice. Did we have much in common? Not sure. I don't think either one of us want to go out again... but had a nice talk for a couple of hours.

That brings me today. After work I had my eyelash / massage trade with Ali. It is nice to get my lashes filled and it is fun to catch up with Ali once a month. She is the sweetest.

And... well.... that is about it. Did I mention that I stopped going to Josh, my trainer this month and decided I am going to work out with Jack at work instead? I was a little offended that he didn't even text me when I stopped showing up to see what was going on. I for sure wasn't his priority anymore... which is one of the reasons I decided to stop going. Plus... I can get just of good of a work out with Jack on my lunch break for free. So there is that. I just need to stay motivated. Fingers crossed.
Guess that just leaves me

No comments: