Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 366

So Iceland huh? I still have more to blog about it, but it was an interesting trip to say the least.

It is an expensive but beautiful country that I would gladly travel back to... with the right people. ha ha. I say that because my travel companion this trip... well... let's just say it wasn't the best trip. My own fault for traveling with someone I only met once off of Instagram. Sure... we had the family connection (my cousin's brother in law) but it wasn't enough. I felt like I was traveling with my friend's dad that didn't know how to communicate or interact with me. It was strange. Very very strange. He is super nice. Bless his heart. We are just VERY different people. This is why you will not see any pictures of us together. I don't think there are any. I take that back, I think there are a couple on his camera... but I will never see them because I am pretty sure we will never see each other or speak to each other again. Sad... but true. So, I spent a lot of time by myself on this trip because we would drive to each location together and then separate and then meet back up when we were done at each place. So most of the pictures I have of me on this trip were taken by strangers. I had to be that person.... I'm traveling a lone, can you take this picture of me at this cool place? Ha ha.. not my favorite.

That being said... what a beautiful country! Some of the most amazing waterfalls I have ever seen. My first time seeing the Northern Lights... it was a teaser but incredible. Magical hot springs and ice caves. Such a rad place. I can't wait to share the rest of my pictures.

Speaking of pictures. I posted some of my pictures on this Facebook group that I am a part of called Girls Love Travel. I know... how appropriate for me right? Well... it was a HUGE hit. I felt pretty cool, but it got old fast since I was answering hundreds of girls questions for the next 2 days about Iceland. It is becoming quite the popular destination. I can see why.


Got back from the trip late Monday night. Tuesday I was back at work. No rest time. Who wants to take days off to rest? My days off of work are precious and I use them all for travel. So Tuesday was work. After work I decided to go to Utah Lake to watch the sunset because it was such a nice day. Guess what? Such a good decision on my part. That sunset was AMAZING. So beautiful. One of those that is beautiful, but it just keeps getting better and better. I took SOOOO many pictures. ha ha. After watching such an amazing sunset...I spent the rest of the night unpacking and doing laundry and all those things that you have to do when you get back from a trip.

Wednesday, Stacey and I continued our tradition. After one (usually both of us) get back from a trip, we go to Beto's to talk about it and eat yummy Mexican food. Since it was such beautiful weather, we had the window's rolled down car dancing in his new car and took our Beto's to the mountain to watch the sunset while we ate. We had a blast (as we always do) while we ate and talked and laughed about my trip. I knew he would get a kick out of my travel companion. Such a good time. I adore our friendship. It is one of my favorites.


And that is all. More Iceland pictures to come.

No comments: