Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Skogafoss, Iceland


There are a lot of waterfalls in Iceland, but Skogafoss was my favorite waterfall. There are stairs that you can climb up to see it from above... but the best view is at the bottom.

This is where we met up with Dave's friend, Drew. And another guy that was traveling with Drew, Sam. Guess what? I liked them more than my own travel companion. They were SO fun. So much so that this was my favorite day of the trip because we were with Drew and Sam. What fun guys.


Those crazies thought it would be funny to do a polar bear swim at this waterfall. While everyone else was in beanie's and parka's (like me) they stripped down to their swimming trunks and asked people while they walked by if they were getting in and then they jumped in the water. I would never do that, but it was fun to watch them. They were SO fun to be with for the day. I wish I could have done the entire trip with them.




We had a lot of cloud coverage on this trip... but as we were at this waterfall, the sun came out and created this AMAZING rainbow. Made for some pretty amazing photo's and experience. Also, I love the movie "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and he filmed a scene here... so that was pretty cool.


Thank you Drew and Sam for making this such a fun day.

No comments: