Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, March 20, 2017

Golden Circle, Iceland

The Golden Circle is one of the most popular things to do in Iceland next to the Blue Lagoon. When you do it, you see why. You hit a lot of great sites in that circle. We didn't make it around the entire circle... but we got the highlights. Here are some of them.

The Geysers! I thought you could only see them at Yellowstone National Park. Wrong! Turns out they have them in Iceland as well. They do call it the island of Fire and Ice. One of the geysers erupted every 5 minutes or so. Since it happened so often, I watched a couple of times and was able to get a pretty good shot.



We also stopped at a lake. I am not sure what it was called. I am not sure it is one of the main highlights either... but I thought it was beautiful so I was glad that we stopped to check it out.



We also stopped at the Continental divide. Did you know that was in Iceland? The divide between North America and Europe. Pretty cool huh? You can scuba dive between the two continents. I wish I would have done it. If I ever go back, I am totally going to do that.


And our last stop and my favorite stop was another waterfall. Yes... the waterfalls in Iceland are rad. This waterfall is called Gullfoss You couldn't get as up close and personal with this one, but it is still impressive.  A great day seeing a lot of great sites in Iceland.





No comments: