Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chocolate Mug Cake

Do you love chocolate cake? Do you not want to make it because A- you only want a piece and don't want to deal with the rest of the cake or B- don't have a lot of time to dedicate to making a cake?

Problem Solved! My Aunt Janet emailed me and sent me this recipe. I thought it was so genius that I had to go home and try it that night!

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake


4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg (beaten)
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (Micro Safe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed.
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Eat (I added sliced strawberries to mine) YUM!
I thought this was enough cake for two people.

Thanks Janet for sending me this awesome recipe!





4 comments:

Vivian said...

I can't tell you how much I sometimes want just one piece of cake. I have measured out a cake mix and split it in half before. I will give this a try for sure.

Kayleigh said...

I have made this before, and it is dangerous. I don't think it tastes the best, but it is still the perfect chocolate cake fix. I shouldn't ever make it again! haha

Lori said...

What a great idea!! I will be trying this for sure! THanks for passing it along :)

Kristy said...

I have made that before. It's great.