Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, April 15, 2011

Flashback Friday 8


The flashback today is of a date that I went on in November 2005. The date was with "Temple Boy" someone who I had known and been friends with for about a year at the time. There were a couple of things that I knew about this guy. #1- He was a huge flirt. #2- He picked up the most random hobbies. When I first met him he had just gotten his motorcycle license (not that random) he was always trying to get me to get scuba certified so that I could go on scuba trips with him then he got SUPER into model airplanes and then Gold Panning! He asked me if I would go with him. Nobody had ever asked me to go Gold Panning on  a date before... nor did I think that would ever happen again, so I said yes.

As part of his new hobby and part of our date, we went to the BYU library and looked at different maps of the canyons around to look at trails and the best place for us to go gold panning. We decided that we would go up American Fork canyon and made copies of the necessary maps.

Since it was November, it was pretty cold... but we both dressed warm and went up American Fork canyon to find us some gold!!! Out of all the searching we only found a few specks of gold, however it was VERY beautiful up there. Even if I was freezing. He taught me how to sift through the dirt (yes.. there is a method to it) using the stuff he had.



When crossing a river.... the little container that was holding our tiny specks of gold fell out of my pocket and float down the stream, along with my phone... which sank to the bottom of the stream. I was so sad because I thought for sure the phone was a goner. Turns out when I got home I just took it apart and put it in the window to sit and dry out in the sun and oddly enough it worked just like before. I still felt bad about loosing our only specks of gold though.

It was actually a fun date. I love being out in nature and I love learning to do new things. I don't know if I will ever just gather my buddies to go Gold Panning... so I was so glad I had the opportunity to do it and try it out. And props to the boy for thinking of cleaver dates to take a girl on.



4 comments:

MoNiCa! said...

LOL! *SIGH* Oh Dave..wonder what ever happened to him...

Tracy said...

He got married!

Lori said...

That sounds like something I would like to do... cool date. Fun times.

jamie hixon said...

That is a wonderful idea. I've never been gold panning. Cool date indeed.