Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Taco Pizza

Another Pizza Recipe. Another recipe that I got from The Pioneer Woman. It just looked so good that I had to make it. Plus... once you have a good pizza dough recipe down, its fun and easy to make new and different types of pizza's. She gave her own dough recipe, but since I love mine... I just used that.

What you will need (besides pizza dough)

Taco Pizza

  • 1 can (14 Ounce) Black Beans
  • 1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning (prepared, Or Make Your Own)
  • 4 whole Corn Tortillas, Sliced Into Thin Strips
  • ½ cups Canola Oil, For Frying
  • 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar
  • 1 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
  • 1 head Green Leaf Lettuce, Sliced/shredded Thin
  • 2 whole Ripe Tomatoes, Diced
  • ½ cups Cilantro Leaves
  • ¼ cups Sour Cream
  • 3 Tablespoons Hot Sauce (more To Taste)

After you let your dough rise, spread it out on a cookie sheet. Smash up a can of black beans and mix with Taco Seasoning. Spread on the pizza dough. Cover with grated Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 500 degrees. While pizza is in the oven, cut corn tortilla's into strips and fry in canola oil until crispy. In a small bowl, mix sour cream with hot sauce (or I used salsa). Take pizza out of the oven. Cover with cut lettuce, extra grated cheese, diced tomatoes, cilantro and tortilla strips. I also added avocado slices. Drizzle the pizza with the sour cream mixture. Ready to serve. 

I LOVED it. Its like a huge tostada with a soft pizza dough instead of a crunchy corn tortilla. 



1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Holy freaking cow that looks so delicious to me right now. I wonder if my kids would like it? I'm pretty sure Dan would. I need to make this in about three days. You know, when I'm off the cleanse.