Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Palace



Tonight I went on a date. He took me out to eat. He took me to his favorite place to eat in Santa Barbara. Having growing up in Santa Barbara and he did not, it was surprising to me that I had never eaten at this place (Palace) before and he had eaten there 10 times. Because he loved it so much... I knew I would too.

Palace did not disappoint. Just walking in... you know its going to be a great experience. Now I know why there is a line to get in. While you wait in line, they have a couple of guys out playing Jazz music to get you in the New Orleans mood.


Once you are inside... not only are you still hearing the jazz music, but the decor also makes you feel like you are in New Orleans. Even in the bathroom. On Friday's they have a magician that comes that my sister said is really awesome. He does some trick that has to do with cards... which is why they are all over the ceiling.




Then of course, you have amazing food. I loved it all. I didn't take a picture of my Jambalaya and the spread of muffins that they give you, but I did remember to take a picture of the amazing dessert.


They also pass out the words to "What a Wonderful World" and they put on the song and everyone sings it as all the waiters go around to all of the tables and click glasses as they tell you thank you for coming in. Its pretty awesome. My date said he loved it there because its "Soul Food"... but after my experience there, I think that whole place is good for the soul. :o) Very fun. If you are every in Santa Barbara... I totally recommend it.


3 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

of all the years we lived there.. so sad that we never went!

Unknown said...

I want to go there. I think it would be good for my soul, too!

jamie hixon said...

Um, this is my favorite restaurant! Have you not heard me talk about the Palace Grill?? It feels like New Orleans and tastes like it too. I make sure to eat there every time I am in Santa Barbara. In fact, when we still lived there and I had Asher 6 days before my birthday my friend asked me what my fav restaurant was and I said "The Palace Grill" and she got me food from here (take out) and gave it to me for my birthday. I cannot believe you have never eaten there, Tracy! That is like a sin.