Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hot Chocolate Bar


It was a hard weekend for Megan. She wanted to do something happy, so she mentioned to me that she would like to have a party at the house and invite people from the ward over.  We decided on a hot chocolate bar. Ended up snowing this weekend... so that worked out perfect.

It turned out being a crazy weekend even though I didn't really have anything planned originally except for the ward party. Ended up buying the stuff late Saturday night and throwing the party together last minute on Sunday because I had to practice and sing in the Stake Christmas Fireside. ANYWAY... it turned out fine and lots of people came and had a good time.


I ended up grabbing a Hot Chocolate recipe off of Pintrest that you could make in the crock pot. This was perfect because I could throw it all in before the fireside and then it would be ready by the time I came back. It is always a risk to make something for a party that you have never tried before and serve it not even knowing if it is any good. Thankfully, this recipe was great. It is very rich...so a little goes a long way, but it was very good! Here is the recipe

Creamy Crockpot Hot Cocoa


Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups whipping cream
  • 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
Instructions:
Stir together the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving. Garnish as desired.


I will be using this again for sure. It was a hit.


Meg and I. Hopefully I helped out on this hard weekend. Since I hosted the party, I wore a Santa Hat. That's how I roll.


2 comments:

jamie hixon said...

How fun. We have been drinking hot chocolate around here lately, it's that time of year.

Lori said...

Looks yummy! I need to get out our hot cocoa maker :) Mine are dairy free though... your recipe looks amazing!