Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Birthday Celebration


As I talked about on my birthday, I was not excited to turn 30. I wear my heart on my sleeves, everyone knew I was not excited for this birthday. It was a scary birthday for me. In birthday's past I have been excited to have parties. I have had glam birthday parties, small cute birthday parties and sometimes it has just been dinner with close friends.  This year, my roommates asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday. They asked me if I wanted a party. I said no. I didn't want to make a big deal out of my birthday. My birthday is so close to Christmas that usually there are not a lot of people around on my birthday and I just didn't want to deal with it. I told my roommates that only thing I wanted to do for my birthday was float 30 lanterns in the sky for my 30th birthday. Rain, snow or clear sky...  I was going to float those lanterns. So they said okay.

I was gone for the 5 days right before my birthday. I went to California to sing at Disneyland. On my way back to Utah my roommates asked me when I was going to be home. This is normal. They are caring roommates that want to know when to expect me. My friend Liz also had text me asking me when I was going to get back because she had a Christmas present to give me and asked me if I would come over at 9:30 with my roommates. I got home at 9 and all I wanted to do was shower because I had been in the car all day. I felt and looked gross. I thought... well, I will just go over and grab the gift real quick and then go home and take a shower. My roommates and I went over to Liz's house. My neighbors Nate and Jason were outside the house shoveling the sidewalks. I thought... that's nice. There is a fresh snow and they are on top of their service. I figured maybe they home taught Liz and Steph. We walked in the house and there was a big SURPRISE!!!! Megan had walked in first so at first I was confused and was like.... who is the surprise for. I think I had a blank stare on my face as I tried to register what was going on. People could tell and then came up to me and said happy Birthday. THEN it registered.... oh my goodness, this is a surprise birthday party for me. I was shocked and a little overwhelmed. I was tired and felt gross... that was the first thought that ran through my head when I realized what was going on. I quickly got over that though and was so happy that my roommates and Liz had been so thoughtful. I had NEVER in my life had anyone throw me a surprise birthday party before. I had been to so many and always wished someone would care so much about me and been so thoughtful to throw me one. I think part of that is my own fault... I'm such a planner... I know if I want something to happen, I have to plan it to be the way I want.... so it probably makes it hard for people to plan over my plans. Ha ha. Anyway, my roommates and Liz were totally successful. I had NO idea. Surprise party NEVER crossed my mind. They had Nate and Jason shoveling the walkways because they thought I would notice a ton of footprints going to the door and wonder why. Now that I think of it, if Liz was going to give us gifts, she would have just come by the house and dropped them off. She really did have a gift for me and my roommates. I was just so surprised. I'm still so happy and thankful that they did that for me even though I said I didn't want a party. It was really sweet. I have the best roommates in the world. So my birthday began the night before. Thank you to Liz for hosting the party!


Thank you to Sarah for getting balloons for the party even though there is a helium shortage right now and they were hard to find.


Thank you to Megan for inviting everyone and making me a cake. It was SO GOOD. It was chocolate peppermint.



My roommates are seriously the best. Love them!


That night, I opened my birthday gift from Lolly. She is always so sweet and send me a birthday and Christmas gift. She made it clear that she wanted me to open it before my birthday because she wanted me to wear it on my birthday. It was a beautiful necklace. I made sure I dressed up and looked cute on my birthday so I could wear the necklace and look awesome on my birthday. :) Thanks Lolly. I took this picture and sent it to her.


The next morning, my actual birthday, I got ready for work and then came upstairs and I found a candy poster and a sweet card from my roommates. As if the surprise birthday party wasn't enough! They are seriously the best. I have also never had a candy poster made for me before. So cute. Loved it.


At work we went out to breakfast and for my birthday treat, we had cheesecake bites. I LOVE cheesecake. My co-workers are great.


After we were all done with work, my roommates continued to do sweet things for me and took me to dinner. We got Indian food. One of my favorites. Seriously could eat it all the time and be happy. I love spending time with my roommates.



I also had Sarah BTW come over and bring me a cupcake and a card. Love her, she is sweet. Lorelie got me a food tray and some chocolate.... for our next tea party of course. Love her. We always have a great time together. THEN... we did what I really wanted to do for my birthday. We floated the paper lanterns... like in tangled. I'm going to do a whole different post for this event, because it was that epic. However, I will leave you with one pictures that Megan took to get you excited for that post. It was truly magical. It was exactly what I wanted.  I guess I shouldn't forget all the people that wished me a happy birthday. I got one phone call, some messages on spokt, a few text messages and over 100 facebook messages from people saying happy birthday. It was nice.


It was a good birthday. A really good birthday. Who knew 30 was going to be such a great birthday. I'm glad it was. Thanks to all that played a part in that. I love you.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Wow, I need to become friends with your roommates! Ha! That is amazing, seriously. I wasn't too thrilled about turning 30 either, but it has been fine- I mean great- so far. ;)
You have some seriously great friends.