Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Roommate Christmas Dinner

My roommates and I like each other so much that we wanted to do something special together for Christmas. After watching one of Megan's favorite Christmas movies (The Family Stone) we commented how we loved that they dressed up for Christmas Eve Dinner. This was our inspiration. So we planned a Christmas dinner.

We moved the table into the living room so that we could have all the classy Christmas decorations... including the Christmas tree and all the nice lights. I also had Christmas music playing in the background and a candle on the table.


For dinner I made Chicken Cordon Bleu (one of my favorite dishes), Megan made a bruschetta type dish and Sarah made her salad that we love so much (we always put Sarah in charge of the salad).



I also pulled out some fancy glasses and we had blueberry grade cider. The whole meal was delicious and classy. Just the way I like it. Did I mention we all dressed up too? Well we did.


Towards the end of our meal we decided to have a toast for being blessed with great roommates and friends and we each talked about our hopes and dreams for 2013. It is always nice to reflect on the past year and think about what you want for the next year.


When we finished talking about our hopes and dreams for 2013, Josh randomly came over. I fully support this. I love Josh. It was funny because he had no idea what we were doing, but we had left over food for him and he just happened to be all dressed up! So he joined in and told us his hopes and dreams for 2013 as well.


It was a great intimate and classy setting to share some more great bonding time with my roommates. We all had a great time. So glad my roommates are up for this type of stuff. It's been a good year, but here's to hoping that 2013 is better!


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

How fun! I love dress up dinners. Maybe if we are home for Christmas next year, we will give this a try. And that is funny about Josh. Random!