Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 162

Well... it was warm for a while, but now it is starting to get cold again. I guess that was to be expected. I would rather have rain than snow though... so if it could just stick to that, that would be great. We shall see what happens. Regardless, at least I have a warm vacation to look forward to.

So the Hobbit is out on DVD now. I loved it... so I bought it. I am pretty excited to watch it again.

Today was zumba day. I love zumba day... especially with this new guy that has been teaching out class. He is just too much fun. New songs. New dance moves. He is a good dancer and just has so much energy. I told him today that we want to keep him around. Hopefully he can. I get such a better work out when I have someone with a lot of energy and good dance moves leading me.

Tuesday was my last Hip Hop class. It was fun... and I am going to miss the class. It was fun to learn new hip hop dances. This week we learned a new dance to a song off of Justin Timberlake's new album. It is so fun, but I just love to dance. It really does make me happy.

I was shopping with my friends at Urban Outfitters and there was a song that came on that I liked, but didn't know what it was called or who it was by. So I got out my phone to my Sound Hound App and had it listen so it could tell me what it was so I could download it when I got home. It found it, so I was going to close it, but then all of the sudden the lyrics showed up, not just that, but it was live... it was showing me the lyrics as they came. It was like karaoke, so I could sing along with the song because of the live lyrics on my phone. I had no idea it did that, but it was an awesome discovery.

I had some girls in the ward tell me this week that I was in the "in crowd" and that they were not. I asked them why they thought that and who was the "in crowd". It made me sad. I would never want people to feel like #1- there is an "in crowd" and #2- they felt like they were not a part of it. I always loved my ward because they always made people feel welcomed and included in everything... but maybe that is wrong. Maybe I just felt that way because I was a part of it. I think that also has to do with people who have been around for a while (like me) that all just know each other and are already good friends and that might be intimidating to new people that move in. Isn't that typical of any ward though? In that sense, do all wards have clicks? Is part of it their own fault for feeling left out because they have not made more of an effort to be a part of it? I don't know. It just got me thinking if I should reach out to people more than I do. If there really is a problem and I am not seeing it or if people are just being easily offended. Regardless, it made me sad and I told them I was there friend and that they could hang out with me anytime and that I wasn't part of the "in crowd" that I was more of a wanderer. What do you think?

Not much else has happened this week. Just getting caught up with everything that I need to at work. Preparing myself for quarter end. Tonight I went to the movies with my mom and sister Kristy. I'm not sure why we don't hang out more since we live so close together. I told my mom we should go see "The Great and Powerful Oz" together because I knew we both wanted to see it. She invited Kristy (not sure why I didn't think of that myself) and so we went tonight and it was fun to have some mom and sister bonding time. It should happen more often. Maybe I will try and be the instigator of that more often. It was a cute movie by the way. I liked it. A cute and creative twist on how the Wizard of Oz came to be. Anyway, it was great. I love my family.


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

We just saw The Hobbit for the first time at Dan's parents house while we were in SB. My favorite part was the song. And I liked that lead dwarf. He was on a BBC miniseries called "North and South."

I've heard mixed reviews about Oz, I'm excited to see it.

I think you probably are in the "in crowd" because you have been around for a while and you are a party girl extrovert type. :) But it is nice that you are not trying to be exclusionary.