Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Friday, March 15, 2013

Flashback Friday 108

Today we flashback to November of the year 2002. I was still living in Santa Barbara and I had a great group of friends. In between work and school, I would also attend Institute classes. There was one on Tuesday nights, there was one they did at Santa Barbara City College on Thursday during lunch and then there was also one they did devotional type at the Institute building on Friday's where they would serve lunch for a $1. I would usually go. My friends and I loved sloppy joe day. Not sure why... but when we didn't have sloppy joes for a while, we would go on strike. We made signs and marched around saying "heck no, we won't go unless we get our sloppy joe". Maybe we didn't make signs... but we thought about it.

Anywho... one day, I think the senior missionary couple brought some clothes they found in bags from somewhere in the building. I'm not sure where it came from, but they told me, Steph and Michelle that we should dress up in them. So we did. And it was awesome. So pictures were taken. These pictures still make me laugh.

I miss these girls. I remember when I decided to move to Utah, that I was worried that I wasn't going to find people as awesome and funny and random as my friends in Santa Barbara. Thankfully I did. But these girls will always hold a special place in my heart. :)




1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

That's funny. And I totally forgot about dollar lunch fridays. Those were fun times.