Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, March 25, 2013

Pinewood Derby


A couple of weeks ago it was announced that our ward was going to have a pinewood derby. So each FHE group was given 2 cars to carve and design the way they wanted.

Our group got together to discuss... and this is what we came up with...


Yeah... they both lost. However, how cool is our Gangnam Style car? With flames (a must for Sarah) and it was etched by laser. Cool huh? What is even more cool is that they played the Gangnam style song as our car raced down the track. Would have been more cool if our car won. Oh well.



It was fun. Everyone got super competitive and into the race. Pinewood Derby's just bring this out of people I think. Each car raced several times.



Winners got these prizes. We may not have won any of the races... but we got prizes for other things, like how awesome our car looked. ha ha.


A few of us in my group decided to dress up like scouts... cause we are awesome like that. Thankfully I had my brother's shirt to borrow and my dad's sash full of badges to wear. Fun activity.



2 comments:

Kristy said...

Ahh. The pinewood derby. That is awesome that yours played music. Way to be creative.

jamie hixon said...

That is cute to wear scout shirts. I am actually not looking forward to participating in any scout activities with my actual son. I'm such a killjoy.