Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 163

I have been busy busy busy!

Last weekend was jam packed. It started getting cold and started to snow on Friday, and I drove away from it to Bryce Canyon. Stayed at a cabin with some friends.... (which I will post more about later) and then the next morning hiked in Zion's and then left the group, went down to Vegas and hung out with Lolly, Alethea and Ivette. Went to the Shania Twain concert drove back to Provo.

As soon as I got back to Provo, I went straight to a goodbye party. It was for someone I was really sad to say goodbye to. My good friend and former roommate, Allyson. She moved to Texas! I told her I would come visit her. I miss her already. She is one of my favorite people to see and hang out with. We always have a good time.

This week at work has been busy because of quarter end. Well... not that it was a super busy quarter end, because it really wasn't. However, I have been so behind in so many other things at work for so long I decided to catch up on everything before my trip this next week. So I have been working hard on that, and I ALMOST have it all done. I like leaving with a clear desk instead of piles of paperwork everywhere.

I went to Zumba today hoping for my new favorite instructor, Marcus... but instead it was a new girl. This was a girl I recognized though... my friend Karianne that used to be in my ward. I missed Marcus, but it was fun to see my friend. Plus, I had never been to her zumba class before. Good times.

Tuesday was our first Tuesday without hip hop class. It was kind of sad, so Sarah and I went to Target instead. I needed another bathing suit for my trip. Sometimes I forget how cute Target's stuff is because I am so used to shopping at WalMart because it is closer. Cute outdoor furniture by the way... I may need to go back. For the record, I found a cute new swim suit. :)

I just love how friendly people are at my work. I know I have talked about this before, but I just keep having more situations where I really appreciate how nice people are. Today I was getting lunch at the cafe after going to zumba. My face is always super red after zumba and the lady behind me (who I recognize from seeing at the gym but had never talked to her) started chatting with me how she gets red after exercising too... then we talked about running and I told her how I had signed up for a half marathon and was nervous about it. Then she started giving me tips and then told me to send her an email... which I did and she sent me a schedule for training and offered to run with me at lunch if I ever wanted her too. How sweet is that? I just love nice people.

Tonight there was a party next door for my friend Jennica who is in town. It was so great to see her and to see everyone else that came back to see her. It is always good to see old friends. I appreciate all of the friends that I have in my life. Brings lots of joy in my life.

So I have had a busy weekend last weekend, a busy week and a busy weekend ahead.  When things are really busy and time crunched right before I am supposed to leave for a trip... I think about it a lot and get a little stressed. I hate packing. I always leave it for the VERY last minute. I'm up late the night before. I am always thinking about what to bring and not over packing and all that jazz. Hopefully Saturday all goes smoothly with everything that I need to go to and get done before I leave. Doesn't help take away the stress when my friend that I am going on the trip with and I have not discussed our airport arrangements on Saturday. It will all work out. I will stop thinking about it. Oh travels. Fun times.


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

At least you only have to pack for one person, I have to pack for four. It takes me forever!