Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Provo Farmers Market

I went to the farmers market last year and enjoyed it, so I felt like I should go again this year (even though I can't eat fruit right now and that is a lot of what they sell). I wanted more local honey, so I was willing to go just for that. So this morning, my roommate Mackenzie and I went. 

There was a lot of food trucks and stands more than there were produce. Maybe that is just because it is the end of the season? I'm not sure. 


We had some live music again this year. Always love that. 


Then of course there was produce. Mackenzie bought lots of peaches that looked amazing. 


Then I got my local honey AND some hot sauce. Sampled it and it was pretty tasty, so I'm excited to try it on some meat. Oh! And the best part of farmers market... we stopped to look at this nativity made out of banana leaves. The couple was at the stand was from Kenya and said that is where the nativity was made. I told her that was awesome and that I had been to South Africa. She asked me if I had been on a safari and I said yes and she told me I should go to Kenya. I told her I want to go to Kenya next time I go to Africa... besides Egypt. She told me they go every march and told me I should come. I didn't think she was serious until she gave me her card and told me to get a hold of her if I wanted to go with them. I said I would. Not going to lie... it would be pretty sweet to go to Kenya with a local. More than anything, I loved how friendly she was and that she actually invited me to come along with them. How great is that? Go to Provo farmers market, get invited to Kenya. 


I'm all about supporting local business. :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow Awesome! I don't doubt you will go to Kenya ;)

jamie hixon said...

That is great! That is always my preferred method of travel... with a local.

And farmers markets are cool. I see in one of your pictures some acorn squash. Have you tried it? I like it a lot. I also like spaghetti squash. We didn't really have either of those growing up, but I like them now.