Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 243

This week I am thankful for my co-chair. I'm not sure I would have the motivation to put into activities if he wasn't super great and on top of things and putting in an equal amount of work. The more we work together, the more I like him and just think he is the best. I think we will have a lot of fun working together which makes the calling SO much easier.

This last week has been pretty busy. Busy at work, busy trying to get ready for Halloween. Busy still trying to figure out what car I want. Busy with new guys.... just busy.

I still am not positive on what car I want to get, but I think I have narrowed it down. I test drove another car today. I liked it. It's smaller than what I have been looking at, but it seems to make more sense for just me. My goal is to have my new car by the end of November. I want it before Winter comes and I have to drive in the snow.

I did hip hop with my friend again on my lunch break today. It is fun.... makes the time go by way faster. Exercise is just way more enjoyable when you think it is fun to do. I can't say that about most exercise. ha ha. Sad. I wish I loved it. At least I still do it regardless.

I have been watching more Halloween movies this year than I do most years. I like it. I just like being festive in general. My roommates and I all watched "Children of the Corn" together. I have heard about it for so long but had never seen it. None of us had. It wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be... maybe because it is so old. It was still pretty good though. Of course I watched Nightmare Before Christmas. My favorite that I watch every year. I actually watched it again tonight for the second time this year.

Except for some trees down in the valley...  all of the colors are gone and everything is going dead. It happens so quickly. It's sad. I went on a motorcycle ride up the canyon with Jared on Tuesday thinking it would be a lot prettier, but it's just not anymore. Oh well. It was beautiful while it lasted. The trees down here (not in the mountains) are still pretty and different colors. They are always the last to go. Those might last a couple more weeks. We shall see. Sad to see it go. That just means it is going to get colder and then Winter will come.

I'm going to vent for a second and tell you I'm getting a little tired of my kitchen situation. I am the one that mostly dumps the trash. I'm the one that almost always loads and empties the dishwasher, also the only one that wipes the counters. I feel a little like house made. More and more our house looks like a dump because nobody picks up anything or cleans up anything. I'm slightly OCD... so I hate this. I know I have to pick my battles because I love my roommates and we all get a long so well. But nobody is more busy than anyone else... to the point where you have time to make food and dirty a dish, but you for some reason don't have time to rinse it out and put it in the dishwasher even though the dishwasher is right next to the sink and I have emptyed it for you. How hard is it?! So... the dishes just piles up in the sink to the point where I can't even use the sink and I typically wait a week when I can't stand it anymore... and then I clean everyone else's mess. Why is this so hard for people? I don't understand it at all. At least rinse it out so there is not your nasty food dried and crusted all over every dish that we have. Ok... venting done.


This weekend was busy. I had two dates both of which were set up and I already blogged about each one. I had my nephew's (Calvin) birthday party which I took pictures for and still need to edit them because I still need to finish editing the Flake family photo's which I couldn't start until I finished editing my Europe photo's. I think people don't realize HOW LONG it takes to go through photo's and edit them and decide which ones to keep and which ones to throw away. Anyway... we also had our Halloween dinner for the kids which I already blogged about and it was a party for sure, which was fun. I love getting together with friends.

As far as projects go, I feel like I will never catch up. I still need to make a video of Allison and my trip. I also still need to make a book of that trip AND the Southeast Asia trip which has now almost been a year ago since I went. That is after the other photoshoots. Hopefully nobody asks me to take their Christmas card photo's. I'm sure someone will. I should be getting paid for this....

Tonight Allison and I also went to see "The Best of Me". It was your typical Nicolas Sparks movie. They are predictable, but I love them. Sometimes I am just in the mood for a good chick flick. Plus, I just love James whats his face in that movie. Something so charming and classy about him. Plus he is nice to look at.

I had another activities meeting, this time with the Bishopric. We have decided that the theme of our Christmas party is going to be the Polar Express. I have written down some ideas, but if you have any ideas to contribute, let me know. We have a big budget.

Besides that, I had a fish die. My fish that looked kind of like a dragon because he would glide around the tank. I was pretty bummed about it. Now... skeletor the star fish has him. So sad.... Guess I will just have to get a new fish. Maybe a different kind this time. Who knows. He will have to be able to handle the Damsel. He is a bully.


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Eww, I would hate fish dying and then watching another fish eat it. I don't know why, but that creeps me out.

James Marsden? Yeah. He might be the only reason why I see that movie eventually.

I saw Children of the Corn on accident when I was young. It freaked me the heck out. "Outlander! We have your woman!" I liked the music though. Weird that I would remember any of that. I guess it was that traumatic.

You would kill me if you lived here. My house is the hugest MESS right now. Of course, when I lived with Kendra I was always the one cleaning up messes. Maybe I'll stop being a slob and be clean again some day.