Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve Paint Night

Stacey had some other friends that didn't go home for Christmas or like me have their family here so they were not going anywhere, so he hosted several different things at his house over the break. He had a slumber party on Christmas Eve. He really wanted me to stay with the others, but I didn't know where I would sleep, plus I live right down the street and it seemed silly when I could be so much more comfortable in my bed. ANYWAY... one of his friends that spent the night with her brother is an art major. SO we had a paint night. She brought all the art supplies and mostly just helped everyone else (including me) instead of painting her own painting.

Everyone else did modern art. Me... I picked something to copy... because I feel like I paint better if I have something to copy and go off of. And maybe I'm not creative and confident enough to just create some modern art. Anyway... I picked this painting off of the internet thinking that it looked doable for an amateur like myself. I don't know why, but I always pick paintings that have trees in them. I don't know when I am going to learn that trees are much harder than they look! Ha ha.



I also painted with oil, so it took a lot longer. Blending and shading was really hard for me... here are some progress shots.



In the end I think it turned out alright. I mean... it isn't exactly like the one I got off the internet, but that is kind of impossible to get it exactly the same. And what fun would that be right? Needs to have some Tracy personality. What a fun little hang out. My own personal Paint Night that I didn't have to pay for! ha ha.



1 comment:

Lori said...

WOW TRACY!!!! That came out SUPER good!!!! You are a great artist. You got Mom's talent for sure with painting :) Great job! I really need to go to a paint night sometime... I miss painting.