Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 354

I feel like I haven't done that much this week, but it has been a busy week. Just work and the gym really.. as always.

I made Christmas treats to give out to my co-workers with Desiree, but I already wrote about that. Always fun to hang out with Desiree. Last year I didn't give out anything to my co-workers, nobody really did, but I felt like giving a treat this year. Probably because I am so much happier there now than I was a year ago. Plus last year I was gone in Brazil for half of the month anyway. I pretty much skipped Christmas last year. Or at least that is what it felt like. Anyway... it made for a late night. That is ok though because I don't see Desiree super often.

Oh! Over the weekend I was on a roll with my movie watching. Friday night I went with my neighbor Josh to the movies. He was sweet and saw that I was home so he just came over and asked what I was doing and when I of course said nothing... he told me he had free tickets to the movies and he was going to take me. I never say no to free movies. We went to see Arrival, which I am going to be honest and say it wasn't one that I was rushing out to go see for a couple of reasons. #1 - I am not the biggest fan of Amy Adams. I don't know why... she just isn't really my favorite. #2 - because it is an alien movie and in my mind all alien movies are kind of the same. Like I said... I don't turn down free movies and I had nothing else to do anyway and I like hanging out with Josh. So we went. I LOVED that movie! It was so good! Not your typical alien movie. It was one of those movies that had a big twist at the end where after the movie is done and over with you are still sitting there thinking about it... like... what?!! I need to see that again. ha ha. So good. I definitely want to see it again.

Saturday I went to hang out with Heather. Sadly my cousin Dave wasn't there... but I had dinner with Heather and then we went to the movies also. We went to go see Dr. Strange. I had mixed emotions with going to see this one. I'm not HUGE into Marvel and DC movies. I'm just getting tired of all the super hero movies. I do however really enjoy Benedict Cumberbatch. I heard it was good though, so we went and saw it. It was VERY different from your normal superhero movie... which I really appreciated. It was however a visually stimulating overload. It was entertaining and I enjoyed it. Probably don't feel the need to see it again.

Funny, Lolly and I were talking about how we were sick of all the people putting us in Facebook groups so they can try and sell us stuff... like Jamberry Nails and Essential oils and LulaRoe and the one that has been bugging me the most lately... Lip Sense. I don't want anything to do with anyone and people that just put me in groups without me having any say in it makes me angry because then I start getting all of these dumb notifications on my phone for a group I don't want to be a part of. I leave every group that I am put into, but it irritates me that I have to do that. I have one friend that put me in her Lip Sense group... no joke... 5 times. I would leave and she would put me back in and then I would leave again and she would add me back in and then I would leave again. Seriously, did you not notice that you have added me 5 times? I obviously don't want to be in there. I don't want to pay a crap load of money for a lip stain that doesn't come off except with a remover that makes your lips burn. My MAC lipstick works fine, thank you. Anyway... it was funny because Lolly and I were just venting to each other about all of that stuff... and then I come home and walk into clothes ALL over the house. My roommate was having a LuLaRoe Party at my house. Eww. I just looked at all of the clothes in my kitchen while I made dinner. Nothing that I saw there was even cute. But I sent Lolly this picture and we both had a good laugh over it.


Only other thing I did this week was go to Target so that I could get a White Elephant gift for our work party that we had today... I will blog about that later. I was also looking for some Christmas onsie pjs. Ha ha... I decided I should have a pair, but I haven't found any that I like yet.

We also had our work party today. We made an appearance there before we went to our own department lunch.

Pretty much went into a food coma today... so after work I just came home and collapsed on my couch and have been here ever since. Daniel and I hadn't talked or hung out in a long time, so he came over for a couple hours and we chatted and caught up on life, which is nice. Daniel and I have been friends for a while now. Always nice to catch up with him. We have good heart to hearts.

And that is where we are with the week. Getting closer to the end of 2016. Pretty crazy.

No comments: