Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 101

This week I was browsing facebook and one of my really good friends, Monica, posted that her little sister (17) had written and recorded a song that is now on iTunes. I went and bought it to support Monica's sister. The song is called "Winterlude". Anyway, it is actually really good. I love it. When I see people that I know who are successful writing lyrics and composing music and actually record it... it ALWAYS makes me want to do that too. Such a great way to express yourself. The thing is... I am not very good at it. Otherwise I would have done it already right? Every time I try to write lyrics I feel like they always come out super cheesy. This leads me to listen to some of my favorite songs and really listen to the lyrics and really think about how the lyrics are written and why it is so powerful and why I love it so much.

So this lead me to listen to one of my favorite songs (as of now), "Empty" by Ray LaMontagne. I love him. I would LOVE to see him in concert... seriously. Anyway... I was listening to the song, trying to figure out why I love it so much. I of course like the tune, but as I listened to the lyrics I really relate to the lyrics. It is poetic, the music and the lyrics really express emptiness. I relate. One part of the song he sings...

"There's a lot of things I don't understand, why so many people lie. It's the hurt I hide that fuels the fire inside me".

The beginning of that is such a simple sentence that really touches a deep subject. I couldn't have said it better myself. That hits home for me. I think the same thing all of the time. I DON'T understand why so many people lie. I have been thinking about that a lot lately. I think about it a lot because I truly don't understand why people do. Not that I have never lied before in my life... but I really don't have it in me to just lie to people. However, people lie to me ALL of the time. Little lies that people make up about themselves... (maybe to make themselves feel better, I don't know) to big lies to hide things from me and everything between. I wish I knew why people did it. Is it to make themselves feel better? Is it to help me not get my feelings hurt? Is it to save them from feeling guilty for knowing they are going to hurt my feelings? I'm really not sure. What I AM sure about is that I now have trust issues. I was really hoping that I wouldn't... but I do. If anything seems fishy I assume people are not being honest with me and I don't trust them. I hate this. I want to trust people. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt but more and more I find myself instead just not trusting people (especially men) and putting up walls so that I don't get hurt.

I am working on this. I know it is not a good quality to have, but it does bring me back to the question I don't understand. Why DO so many people lie? I really hope there is a guy that comes a long to prove me wrong one day. Maybe all of this will inspire song writing? :)


1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Lies
that deceive
So many lies so many lies
Why do we believe?

That is a song by "Save Ferris" that came out when I was in High School. I LOVED that song. Seriously though, I think just the desire to write will fuel good songs. And you will write bad ones too. I do. But I feel like you have to write a lot of crap before you write good stuff. So write crap until it is good. That's my advice. And writing about something you are passionate about is always a good idea.