Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Monday, January 16, 2012

Mr. His Name is My Name too

So I have written about this guy before... but I thought he deserved his own "Guy Story" post.

Facebook is an interesting world. It has changed so much from when I first joined in 2005. You can find just about anyone on there, which is awesome. Over the past few years I have received random messages from different Tracy Mills's out there in the world. The first time it happened I remember getting an email saying "you received an email from Tracy Mills on facebook" and I thought to myself... that's weird, I don't remember writing myself on facebook. ha ha. Turns out it was a Tracy Mills in England that just wanted to say hi because we had the same name and wanted me to join the group "Mills, better than your average Brady Bunch" or something weird like that. Maybe a year later or less I got another message from another Tracy Mills. This girl was from the Midwest again just saying hi because we had the same name.

In October 2010 I received a friend request from a Tracy Mills. I went to check it out and this time it was a guy from Alabama. I wrote him back and said something like... "Why should we be friends? You think just because we have the same name that we need to be facebook friends?" or something like that, I don't quite remember. Anyway, he wrote back and turns out he was quite funny so we ended up writing back and forth and I did end up accepting his friend request.

We have chatted on facebook several times over the past year. It goes through phases. He likes to comment on my pictures and randomly leave me messages telling me he loves me. Sometimes it is awkward when he does that on my wall because I wonder if anyone notices.. but nobody has ever said anything about it. Anyway.. he hits on me a lot and he always jokes that he is going to marry me (which would be the second couple to meet on facebook because of having the same name and getting married... if it were to happen). I have never cared because he lives in Alabama and I know I will never meet him.

One week I got one of the most random phone calls ever. I got this call from a 205 number. I had no idea who it would be... but decide to answer it anyway.

Me: "Hello"
Guy: "Hey, how are you?"
Me: "I'm fine, how are you?"
Guy: "I'm good. Do you know who this is?"
Me: "Nope, who is this?"
Guy: "Tracy Mills"
Me: "Common, really... who is this?"
Guy: "What are you doing?"
Me: "I'm just hanging out"
Guy: "Sounds boring"
Me: "Umm... seriously, are you going to tell me who this is?"
Guy: "It's Tracy Mills"
Me: *Pause* "OHHHHHH...... my gosh... I don't remember giving you my number..."
Guy: "You didn't, it's listed on facebook"
Me: "really? I don't remember putting it on there"
Guy: "I just wanted to randomly call you"
Me: "Mission Accomplished. This is random"

It made me laugh. I guess 205 area code is from Alabama. He had a strong accent. He kept telling me not to make this awkward because it didn't need to be and told me that I should call him sometime and that it shouldn't be awkward to call each other. ha ha. We never did talk on the phone again but sometimes I hear from him on facebook. Ha ha... oh facebook. Did I tell you how weird it is to talk to someone that has your same name? I always like to think I'm one of a kind... but turns out there are a lot of Tracy Mills's out there. Even in the movies! Gwenyth Paltrow plays Tracy Mills in the movie "Seven" where she is married to David Mills who is played by Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt and I have the same birthday. ANYWAY sidetracked!! I bet out of all the Tracy Mills's out there... I have the coolest blog though. :)


2 comments:

Lori said...

That is pretty random and funny Tracy. You never cease to surprise me with your stories!

Kayleigh said...

That's exactly why I don't post my phone number on facebook! Haha