Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Confessions of a Brunette on the Internet 246

I'm thankful for vacations. They are refreshing and I come back rejuvenated and motivated to get a lot accomplished and go back to life. Allyson took great care of me over the weekend. We had a great time and had some great heart to hearts. She is so great and I feel so thankful that she is my friend.

I already blogged all about my weekend... so lets move on. I am still watching Gilmore Girls and loving it. I'm almost done with the 4th season. I have 3 more seasons to go.... then I'm not sure what I will watch next.

I'm slightly stressed about planning the ward Christmas party. I have a great vision, but we currently don't have a building to hold the party in. THAT stresses me out. If the person called to book it when I asked them to, I don't think we would be in this situation, but they didn't. I remember when I was in charge of activities in my last ward. The hardest thing was relying on other people to do what they said they were going to do.... I guess that is still the case. Hopefully it will all work out.

I finished my Southeast Asia book and I'm probably half way done with my Italy and Greece book. I have been working on them any minute I get. I was hoping to have both of them done and ordered so they would be here in time while my family is all in town next week... not sure if that is going to happen, but at least I'm trying. I do better with a deadline.

Tonight I had my monthly massage. I had a new girl. She was ok. I hate it when I tell them they can go harder and they just continue at the same pressure as they were already doing. Oh well. Massage is better than no massage.

My friend Nathaniel is doing a project in his NBA program on the Bachelor and Bachelorette and he asked me if he could interview me. I said sure... thinking how complicated could the interview be. The questions actually got really deep and made me think. It was interesting. I never thought I would be interviewed on why I watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I had to bring 5-7 pictures that represented my feelings on the show. I thought I came up with some good pictures.

On Monday I mentioned to my boss that I was thinking about buying a Christmas tree this year. A nice one. He got all excited and asked me if I wanted to go to Costco to buy one. He wanted to get treats for work anyway.... so we left work and almost everyone came to help me get a Christmas tree. I'm not going to complain about leaving work to go do something that I would need to find time to do after work. It was random and awesome and I came home the proud new owner of a Christmas tree. They are so expensive... but it is an investment right? I won't have to buy a tree again.. and it's a nice one. Also when we showed up at the Costco in Spanish Fork.. as we were going in, my oldest sister was coming out! It was such a fun run-in. We both were for sure not expecting to see each other. ha ha. Now if only I could do the same thing with buying a car. I want it to just be that easy and be done with.

I also reserved a yurt for this Winter's adventure. I don't get excited about Winter, but I am excited about another yurt adventure. This time we will be in a yurt that holds 12. It will be a party. Allison doesn't think we have that many friends to fill the yurt, but I told her we could take it as a challenge to make more friends by then. I think we can do it.

Last night we watched Hunger Games AND Catching Fire. Why? Mocking Jay part 1 premiered today. I'm really happy that I know a lot of people and sometimes those people hook me up with things. My friend Wes, who I hadn't seen or talked to in forever text me yesterday asking me if I wanted 4 tickets to a private pre-showing of the Mocking Jay for tonight at 7:15. I took him up on that offer. I took my sister and Allison. We saw the line starting for the midnight showing and I just thought how nice it was to watch it opening night at a decent hour AND for free. We all enjoyed loved it. I thought it was so well done and I can't wait for part 2! I kind of hate that I have to wait a year to see it, but at the same time I like having movies I love to look forward to. Ahhhh so good!

Other than that... just juggling guys with J names. The end.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

I don't understand why people watch the Bachelor/ette shows honestly, especially mormons! No judgement, they are just not for me. I would be very interested in this guy's research or whatever though.